Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

5441 - 5460 of 5521 Posts

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Buffed.

But it’s all good. The cool part is you just drive the bike in, stuff the wife’s cloths around it and your off. Don’t need to bother with tie downs.

Two birds... one stone.

Heading back now cause my landlord won’t rent me an extra couple of weeks, wants to come down and golf.

·
Administrator
58,461 Posts
Since my shoulder is all screwed up, I am not going to risk riding the bike.

So, as it has been sitting all winter, I fired it up today and let it run until the fans cycled several times..... and put her back to sleep. :(

·
Son of Bronson
120 Posts
It was a cool cloudy evening here, but no rain in the forecast, so I rode up to the JumboLand diner in Culver's Lake, New Jersey
for a bite to eat. Bike Night will start there on Thursdays in two weeks, but tonight there were only two of us.
Most people won't ride if they think there is the slightest chance of rain.
But the food was good, and I spent some time chatting with the one other brave soul who showed up.
There is nothing quite as much fun as swapping lies with another diehard biker!

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Back in the cold Central Wisconsin spring. Winter motorcycle travels, 4,000 miles on two wheels, plus 4,000 miles in the cargo trailer.

Last winter was 8,000 miles on two wheels. 2018-2019 winter was cold and wet in the Sonoran Desert.

·
Administrator
58,461 Posts
yeah, hate having to use a trailer, but glad I have one when needed.

yesterday, we unloaded the little scooter out of the Toy Hauler.....
I needed to siphon out the Ethanol and put in Pure Gas, as the manual from Vespa in Italy loudly proclaims 93 octane unleaded pure gasoline only, no alcohol permitted.

hmmm? 93 octane?
Really? it runs on 87 just fine, and I don't hear any knocking going on.
oh well, the local gas pump only serves up 93 pure gas anyway....

but while down on vacation in Florida and Savannah, GA it declared it was thirsty and E-10 was all I could find.

So, in went the winter oil with Ethanol protection goop....
I will ride that out today I hope, and fill it with pure gas.

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
E-10 only makes sense to politicians

hmmm? 93 octane?
Really? it runs on 87 just fine, and I don't hear any knocking going on.
oh well, the local gas pump only serves up 93 pure gas anyway....

but while down on vacation in Florida and Savannah, GA it declared it was thirsty and E-10 was all I could find.
A Quetico Outfitter, who used Mercury Outboards, told me a story a number of years back about a test Mercury did, with their outboards.

They ran two sets of their big outboards continuously, to see when they would fail. One set was running on E-10 and the other on pure gas. The E-10 set of motors eventually broke down. The motors running pure gas kept going so long that Mercury finally turned them off.

My Honda sh150i is rated for 87 E-10, but like all my power equipment, it gets pure gas.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I flushed all of the brake fluids, lubed the lever bushing, installed the EC LED high-beams, refilled the hydraulic rear spring actuator (it was engaging at 10, now it engages at 0), and took it for a test ride.

·
Premium Member
1,096 Posts
Checked the Hunley's (my GL1000) points gap and static time - barely opening and about 5 degrees advanced. Fixed both and took her for a ride - wow, what a difference! Don't know how it got there as I don't remember having any of that apart.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Installed a set of Kuryakyn highway pegs for my wife and it put a big smile on her face. We need to play with the height a little more to get them where they make her the most comfortable. The only thing I would change about them is to make them spring loaded so they retract when she's not using them. They put a big smile on her face and we rode about 150 miles this weekend and the pegs let her move around more and she didn't feel so cramped in.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
I started it after sitting for two years.

Now I have a new challenge - I have no clutch pressure and I have no idea how to remedy it.:?:baffled:

·
Registered
9 Posts
I finally had a run on my 1980 GL1100 after a 6month restoration! 38 miles and all well! From the first 2 photos I purchase it as to the last two tonight.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Replaced old front tire from Michelin pilot active 130/70R18 to a new Avon AV71. Also had to replace the reverse relay. When I went to go into reverse the R light was flashing. We took the trike out and it started raining.

·
Premium Member
3,515 Posts
Well, I cleaned the trike, waxed it, and erased the expired inspection sticker as new ones are smaller. Last ride was Summer 2017 and I guess it was wet, she had some water spots but all gone now. I have run her some since 2017, just no rides outside of yard. Checked battery & tires, lights, etc … all good but will change brake fluid & bleed tomorrow.

Sure looks good if I have to say so my own self. Get a dry day, make appointment & go get her inspected this week I hope.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Went for a day trip to Oklahoma from Fort Worth,met my Daughter for lunch,back to Texas via Paris,500 miles,gas mileage 42, mostly 4 lane highways, 68 mph,great day

5441 - 5460 of 5521 Posts