Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

5501 - 5512 of 5512 Posts

·
Administrator
57,953 Posts
Went to D&D Discount Motorcycles in Tempe and had the clutch and brake fluids changed. They also changed oil/filter last week and I had new tires installed. Ready to ride for the season..... Jim
D&D is my favorite vendor for mntc.
when I lived in Mesa, they understood that my '94SE was my primary mode of transportation, and I liked that they would give me an appt time....

I would pop in, and just gawk around at the wares they have, or leave it for the day, and pick it up near closing time.

the work was always impeccable.

·
Premium Member
2,445 Posts
Changed to a seasonal oil...

·
Premium Member
3,456 Posts
I crawled underneath rear of our 97GL1500 Lehman GTL trike, did some measuring, thinking, figuring, … about making & adding some sort of rear nurf bars or bumper to prevent my backing into a curb someday. Still looking at stuff, but found some extra pieces. I may make 2 nurf bars that extend out from underneath or maybe I make a wider one that extends towards each exhaust tip from hitch drawbar. I have several take off saddle bag protection loops (3 lefts but just one right?) and I found some floorboards for a 1200 that I removed in the '90s. If I do nurf bars, I'll just use outer 4" of the loops welded to extensions to bolt underneath the trike to the rear frame.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Also added flashing LED's on the trunk brake lights, and ordered a stubby antenna to replace the factory whip. It hits the garage door going in and out.
Getting things ready early for a trip to Mt. Rushmore and Yellowstone this summer.
Sure glad I found a great deal on a nice trailer for these long trips.
Thanks again Flylow

·
Registered
366 Posts
I have a 1993 GL 1500 that I ride. I decided to freshen it up a bit. I added the light Side marker lights, and the chrome trim strip and the little side wings by the motor. Mine were in bad shape plus the ends were broken so they didn't go together very well. I really didn't want the chrome part's but was to lazy to paint them. I can paint them later if they bother me. I also decided to change the seal on the shiffter and add the brace. I haven't got it all back together yet, I had to loosen the frame bolts and the motor mount bolt to get the shiffter shaft out. Anyway I started it on the center stand I it feels very good. I went thru the gears once and it's nice and tight. I'm going to change the oil today and then put it together for a little ride. It's cold and foggy here and I have to work under the car port. The ground is cold and my bones are old so once I get down on the ground for any time I can't get up, some of you can relate. My front tire is about worn out so I'll do it in the next couple month's before spring gets here over 18,000 on the Dunlop E4 on the front. I might make it to 20,000 around here if it would warm up a bit. I think the Shiffter Shaft Brace is a good deal and is very well made, I read all the reviews about it and thought it can't be that good, but to my surprise it is very well made and worth the effort. That's it for today, Thanks for all the great advice.

·
Premium Member
1,075 Posts
Still working on '78 rescue project. These fence row bikes are a challenge! Yesterday, I finished cleaning and assembling rear caliper, both front calipers, and the rear master. Also cleaned the contacts on the fuel gauge pickup, drained the tank, sprayed it with fogging oil, and stored it in the shed. Pieces slowly getting ready. Striping and painting still to do, but I'm constrained by weather since most of that has to go outdoors. Might dig out the harness and start on it soon.

5501 - 5512 of 5512 Posts