Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

5521 - 5522 of 5522 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,096 Posts
Not happy with the POR-15 engine enamel this time. The aluminum color doesn't level well like the MG Maroon did, and although I spent about a half-hour stirring it, came out very streaked looking. It will do as this is not a true restoration, just a rescue.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Yesterday I installed new-to-me front forks and a Super-Brace. In the process I found that the fork guard/beauty cover mounting hole bottoms were damaged. one side was broken out completely the other side was mostly broken out- so i broke it the rest of the way with one finger. I was probably close to losing it on the road.
Here's how I fixed it- I bought tapered rubber plugs and longer m6x1.0 stainless SHCS. I pushed the plugs into the holes as hard as I dared (didn't want to split the plastic) but compressed in there tight enough to hold it for me while I cut the excess with a knife and also hole it for me to drill thru it.
Topside View with plugs
Bottom view before cutting with knife
installed on the bike
This is mounted very nicely and probably more stable than it was new. I need to trim the topside rubber better or maybe cap the rubber with a stainless washer...

Attachments

5521 - 5522 of 5522 Posts