Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

5541 - 5555 of 5555 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,107 Posts
I used to be able handle that kind of temperature ranges, lived in Phoenix, AZ for 20 years....... then one day coming home from work, a Semi merged me into the Center Median and the results of that was a broken body thermostat.... I either dress up to keep warm, or I find an air conditioner to cool down.....

when it gets over 80*F outside, I am done for the day :(

View attachment 322832
That would be enough to make most people quit riding all together. I'm glad you didn't give up! Kudos!

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Putting new fork seals/ new oil/ new front tire,replacing the E3 radial with Avon Radial,there’s been many discussions on not using Radial on 1500 but this combination makes my 1500 handle better than any tires I’ve ever had,Avon bias ply on rear.just turned 100 thousand on odomete.

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
Worked on the new 1200,changed out the nasty gas and a new filter.tried to start it but the pump appears to be dead.also,put in a new battery

Sent from my LM-X420 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,107 Posts
Put the king & queen seat back on, and rode again. The SO has a harder time getting up on that seat than she does on the Sportster seat, but it's more comfy for her.

Then, it started to rain and we went back home. We may go back out later.

·
Registered
1986 GL1200 Aspencade
3 Posts
Went and bought my ‘new’ bike. 1986 Aspencade from the original owner. 35k miles. Not the prettiest bike, but mechanically sound. Original owner put a bunch of money into this spring on new fork seals, tires, carb clean and tune up, battery, rebuilt the brake calipers. It’s missing the battery cover, otherwise fine. Could use some new grips and a new windshield. Very psyched. Third Wing I’ve owned, first 1200. The wife is very happy to have something that isn’t a rigid mount sportster to ride on.

·
Registered
1986 GL1200 Aspencade
3 Posts
New windshield came in for the bike today. Swapped that out because the original looked like someone tried to clean bugs off with 80 grit sandpaper.

·
Registered
484 Posts
New windshield came in for the bike today. Swapped that out because the original looked like someone tried to clean bugs off with 80 grit sandpaper.
Danged amateurs, everybody knows you clean bugs off with 1200 grit.

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
Rode to Waldo,OH to pick up some bologna sandwiches and went for an afternoon lunch in a backyard with some old riding buds. If you are ever near Waldo, stop at G&R Tavern. This is not your Mom's bologna. It is thick cut, just the right amount of spice and grilled. Wish it wasn't 60 miles away.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,508 Posts
fried bologna sandwiches?
been a long time since I had one.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Glued on the replacement chrome trim for my left mirror. Lost the previous one on the road somewhere. Getting ready to touch up paint for some road chips. Went for a nice 40 mile evening ride on back roads. Love it...2002 gl1800

·
Registered
7 Posts
Putting new fork seals/ new oil/ new front tire,replacing the E3 radial with Avon Radial,there’s been many discussions on not using Radial on 1500 but this combination makes my 1500 handle better than any tires I’ve ever had,Avon bias ply on rear.just turned 100 thousand on odomete.
I keep hearing how good the Avon radials. We'll just finish installing the brake pads and fuel rims on the Silverado and I'll start working on the bike and ordering parts. Will consider Avon radial tires.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
I’m very happy with mine,8 k on the back and still a lot left,I run 44 psi in back and the contact patch is really wide,not like most tires that wear out the center first.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Went out after the rain and rode a 100 miles,this 30 year Wing impresses me everytime I ride it,love it

·
Registered
2004 Honda Goldwing
2 Posts
New to me ‘04,,, left dash box has 2 after market switches and the aux cord,, all non functional,,, so pulled out the box and found the two switches were disconnected on one side,,, will have to follow where the other side wires go to and the aux cord had been disconnected and the XM radio connected in its place. Well,, I’d rather listen to my iPod with thousands of songs and audio books and reconnected the aux cord and will play with the switches another time. Now to see if I can get the CD changer to work,,, has a lone cd stuck in it, from the PO, but won’t unload or allow me to add cds. Otherwise a fine running machine!! 😃

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
went for a good ride today,the 1500 runs like new,set it 85,,mph 3800 rpm ,just sang a song and was flawless.

Reactions: Dirt Road Cowboy
5541 - 5555 of 5555 Posts