Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
5621 - 5632 of 5632 Posts

·
Administrator
Piaggio MP3, was 02 GL1800
62,474 Posts
I thought one of the points about those kind of ladders is that you can adjust each set of legs to handle uneven things like stairs or ramps?
Never tried to use it that way

But the ramp slopes down at 3 feet in 8ft, that is just plain scary.

I preferred to block it up level at a minimum, the rain barrel raised it about 4 inches above level.

·
Registered
1998 GL1500 SE
1,064 Posts
My son and I pulled into the garage last night about 11, My son rode my ST1100 and I rode the '98 SE. He Laughed at me for patting it bike and giving her a Kiss and verbally saying "Thank you for 900+ miles of trouble free riding this weekend"
We left home (SE Michigan) Thursday afternoon and rode to Bridgeport West Virginia and back.

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
Actually, on Sunday i spent 3 hrs cleaning up the Wing just to get it dirty on the 1200 miles to Custer this week.
It will look good for a little while at least.

Reactions: Bike...and Dennis

·
Administrator
62,474 Posts
Just this minute, tested all of the light circuits for the Toy Hauler.
that thing has been a PITA ever since we bought it in 2019.......
some lights work, most of them don't.

I bought a Wireless Stop/Run/Turn Magnetic base light set.....
Tested and works as it should.
the Running Lights work, nothing else does, RV Manufacturers do a piss poor job of protecting their wiring....

the Tekonsha brake controller acknowledges the RV brake, pull the manual lever, and it went up to 8.5 amps....
good to go.

came in the house to cool down, wet clear through, need another shower, and it is only 9:15 a.m.

·
Registered
1997 GL1500 FrankenWing,1994 GL1500 Aspencade,1999 Ultraclassic,1998 Softtail Special
92 Posts
I verified my old girl just blew up her alternator after only 22k miles..... now I gotta fix her in order to make the runs next month.... 2500 miles worth of runs.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Well,
no Goldwing here anymore, but the Piaggio needs a home, and the Toy Hauler is a huge block that keeps me from seeing Traffic behind me.
Plus, backing it up more than 10 feet is a PITA, 30 feet of trailer gets to going the wrong way in a hurry even with only 2 inches of twitch in the Steering Wheel.

Due to lots of rain, and soggy ground, --- Monday, I backed it into our driveway from the street, which is 350 feet away from the parking spot.... the drive is 9 feet wide...
That was tedious but Slow is Fast, when backing up I have heard....

Took me 20 minutes from the street to the shop, but it never left the driveway.

a few months back, I decided to fix that problem, I now have a 7 inch Screen to show what is behind the trailer....
wish it had been there Monday, but the trailer was in the RV repair shop for 2.5 months, at least they fixed all the problems that I don't have the tools for, and can't do myself.

Now, here is what I did today:

View attachment 329477

View attachment 329478

Had to prop up the Toy Hauler's ramp, much to steep to put ladders on

View attachment 329479

John ,what might help you backing is put your hand on the bottom of the steering wheel,now just move the wheel in the direction you want the trailer to go,backing is just second nature for me but a 53 ft trailer is much easier to back than a short tongue trailer,if you need to change directions ,stop,then move the wheel,then you don’t have the back movement to contend with.
You did good👍👍

I bought the entire setup, 7 inch DVR Screen which can monitor 4 cameras, I only have two cameras.
A mag mount for the Toy Hauler Camera, so I can take it down when I want.
Extra power cables, and a Fancy Dancy cigarette light plug/switch.... Push a button and it glows soft read, and turns on the DVR Screen.

the Cameras have Night Vision, in Pitch Black, they will light up to 60 feet or more.

·
Administrator
62,474 Posts
love that Rear View Camera.
Hooked it up to the Toy Hauler, put the screen in the truck so I could view it w/o impeding my view of the highway.

was great to be able to see behind me, and know that I am not blocking traffic...
and backing into the campground lot was easy peasy.
I could see Cyndi showing me how much room is left, and which way the trailer is going.

5621 - 5632 of 5632 Posts