Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

41 - 60 of 5505 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
imported post

:XTook it out of the garage and juststarred at it cause I had to toyard work . It was 80 degrees here today . All I got to ride was around the block and back into the garage :whip:

·
Premium Member
245 Posts
imported post

My Gl1100 daily rider got her normal treatment she got ridden long and hard since november she has been my only transportation. It hasn't mattered sunshine, freezing cold, rain, or snow she hasnt let me down. In return for this every Sunday morning I walk in to garage and lather all the TLC on her she can handle and then a smack on her ass for good luck for the coming week. At 500 to 600 miles a week she has done me good!

:action::cheesygrin:

·
Premium Member
1,093 Posts
imported post

:action:pegasus, my winged steed, was chomping at the bit to get out of the pasture sowe rode to work today and to Harbor Freight, and to Home Depot. I then had to put him back in the pasture and do chores around the house. But tomorrow is another day and I can hear his hooves prancing to get out. :action::action:

·
Premium Member
1,103 Posts
imported post

:coollep:put new brake pads on the front of the Asspy, then for a short ride to seat them in real good:jumper::jumper:then decided it was time for :toast::toast:went to evening mass then took mama for ICECREAM :applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

·
Premium Member
17,087 Posts
imported post

Today was a 365 mile ride throughthe Pocono Mountains into New Jersey and New York. Along the Deleware rive on NY Route 97 through the Hawks Nest (Very nice road!)

Then brought it home and changed the timing belts. Was planning on doing that tomorrow, but things went better than I expected. Tomorrow I will finish putting it back together and see what else I can do.

:action:

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
imported post

i tore the radiators off the bike and finally found what I hope was my only leak. Now to get the new hoses ordered and repair any other issues I find. Need to get ready for my 1st long ride on it in a month or so

·
Premium Member
2,003 Posts
imported post

took it out for its first test ride. JB

Attachments

·
Administrator
20,569 Posts
imported post

WakeAir wrote:
Rode around New Hampshire today with a couple buds. 308 miles total :action:
Don??? You have buds???? :shock::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
4,608 Posts
imported post

I walked around the trike, and patted it on the nose, apologizing for not getting the bugs off last weekend. Went back in the house and vegged out dur to weather. jimsjinx

·
Premium Member
1,175 Posts
imported post

I spent the day getting rear brake setup to work on a 1200 wheel that is mounted on a 1200 final drive that is grafted onto a GL100 frame.

Steve

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
imported post

Nothing today; work and pool leagues tonight. Last night I pulled the right-side exhaust headers and inspected them for pinholes (found one) and polished part of the front rim.

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
imported post

Moved some around - re-organized the Wings at the house.

Got mine ready to take to work this morning - but then realized I had to take the car, due to boxes I needed to carry. Sigh...

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
imported post

Just got back from riding a 700 mile Round Trip Weekend - very cool ride - felt "In the Zone" all day as I rode from Central Coast Kali to Palm Desert and back to visit Mom and Dad for an early "Mother's Day". It was a rare ride where I had a purpose and a mission that included a trip to the dreaded "SoCal" part of the state. The route I took was 7 hours each way - and only about 2 hours of "freeway" each way. Simply and excellent ride. Today - nice am commute along the ocean - tonight scrape the outter layer off my windshield - LOL :action:

·
Premium Member
629 Posts
imported post

forgot to turn the gas on and ran out of gas on a 3 lane 55 mph busy road, took me about 3 min to figure it out. I think I would have rather droped it instead, would have been much less imbarising

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
imported post

Weather here wasn't great today, but my rule is if I can ride to work and stay dry, I ride. If I get wet coming home, I can deal with that. Works good most of the time.

Yesterday, went for a ride with my wife, cold and windy. Fortunately, it's the beginning of the riding season here.

41 - 60 of 5505 Posts