Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

81 - 100 of 5501 Posts

·
Old School Guru
7,876 Posts
imported post

Started it today, first time since the accident. Fired right up, let run until it warmed up and checked for leaks, made sure everything still worked, etc. Just got the new cowl and mirror assembly from Honda Online Parts, will try to start getting the old cowl and mirror off of it since I'm starting to heal pretty good, and swap out the bad parts.:smiler:

Gene:byebye:

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
imported post

Dis-assembled fairing andre-aligned the major parts, have new mirror gaskets, stereo, windshield and floorboards. Am still waiting on caliper rebuild kit. Will have the bike ready Sunday or Monday.

·
Premium Member
1,680 Posts
imported post

Gave away the old exhaust system and got a good looking windshield garnish in its place.Rode it so hard that I had my sandels dragging the asphault.

·
Premium Member
17,087 Posts
imported post

Rode it work and looked at it all day wishing I was riding it. Rode it home and took a detour. When I got home I gave it a drink to get it ready for tomorrow.

:cheesygrin:

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
imported post

I put 10 gals of gas in my wing today!!! Man that was fun!!!
I also removed a couple hundred miles of rubber off the tires!! I also wiped out a couple hundred insects.

:action:

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
imported post

:smiler:Will be up allnight cleaning and up dating still waiting for the rear caliper kit to get in so I can start putting it back together . Right now it looks like a skint chicken:cheeky1:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
imported post

I had my mechanic install a voltage meter, a new belly pan, an alarm, a brake light wig-wag unit, new oil, and a new oil filter on my 05 Wing. I've had the parts for years and finally decided to have my mechanic install them instead of me installing them.

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
imported post

Hobbled out there (recovering from knee surgery) and replaced the old insurance card for the new one. Then back in the house for a shot and percocet. At least I have good drugs for my PMS (parked motorcycle syndrome)

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
imported post

Ripped her front wheels off. Actually took the front forks to RaceTech for overhaul.

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
imported post

Same as every day - I rode it.

·
Premium Member
55,671 Posts
imported post

Got a lunch run in today

·
Premium Member
457 Posts
imported post

Took her apart, added a brake light modulator (to the LED spoiler light I added this winter), added a Power outlet in the left glove box for my MP3 player, & am waiting to install a set of Narrow Lower Fairing Trim I ordered from e-bay (my legs hit when I use my highway boards), It's a good time to do it all because IT'S BEEN RAINING FOR 3 DAYS!!!!

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
imported post

WX here is wonderful. Will start serious hunt for replacement 1800. Got check from Allstate for totaled one.

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
imported post

GLester wrote:
Started it today, first time since the accident. Fired right up, let run until it warmed up and checked for leaks, made sure everything still worked, etc. Just got the new cowl and mirror assembly from Honda Online Parts, will try to start getting the old cowl and mirror off of it since I'm starting to heal pretty good, and swap out the bad parts.:smiler:

Gene:byebye:

Great to hear you're healing Gene. Those broken ribs are no fun are they.

I had to order some more bling for my ride today. She deserves a little jewelry.

·
Premium Member
4,608 Posts
imported post

:XI got my thumb pinched royally from the backrest flopping foreward, so I cussed my wing today! :hoppingmad:Ouch!! jimsjinx

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
imported post

Blew the dust off this AM befor leaving for work. Rain in AM and supposed to be rain later in PM. Since I just washed and waxed "Little Blue", it is sitting there waiting for me to change the oil and filter, unless it gets ridden first. Depends on the weather.

81 - 100 of 5501 Posts