Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Administrator
Piaggio MP3, was 02 GL1800
61,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The mercury bulb is sliding down to the lower numbers here,

it finally rose up to 63*F and knowing that our Golf Cart's trailer has a flat tire, and that the upcoming days aren't going to be any warmer, I got out and put the spare tire/wheel on it.

the next time the temps get into the high 60s, we have to get out and collect up a bunch of tree limbs and haul them off to the burn pile.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

That water barrel has to come off and get it emptied out, there is an RV pump connected to the bottom of it that hooks up to a 20 ft long garden hose, we use that to water our trees with... nearly 70 some odd volunteer trees came up last year and a few more this year.....

we need those trees, because the rest of the trees on our property are older than I am, and fracture badly in high winds and Ice Storms.

the White wheel is supposed to be the Spare Tire and wheel for my enclosed Haulmark trailer, but it is empty now, and not needed until next summer.... so on the little trailer it went.

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
23,390 Posts
Not much gets done around here. I went for a bicycle ride after breakfast and did some ironing. Of course I watched the World Series game.

Oh...and the hardest thing I did was watch the Apocalypse Now Redux on NetFlix. Geez, that movie was too long in its original version.

·
Registered
1995 GL1500 Aspencade, 1985 GL1200 LTD
111 Posts
Bought a motorcycle. Wife drove me 100 miles to see this 1500 and I rode it home. It got up to 70 here today but was mostly in the 66-68 range. Beautiful day.

·
Administrator
28,067 Posts
Drove to Texas to get a horse.

·
Premium Member
89 1500 SE, trike
140 Posts
Drove to Texas to get a horse.
Got my 1946 airplane out and went around the patch.
Checked out the crops, man a lot of wonderful landing sites if needed
We had a great farming season this year
My Harley trike (05 Ultra classic) had a speedometer failure
Holy cow what a mess
The term "virtual relay" will become common soon

·
Administrator
Piaggio MP3, was 02 GL1800
61,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Got my 1946 airplane out and went around the patch.
Checked out the crops, man a lot of wonderful landing sites if needed
We had a great farming season this year
My Harley trike (05 Ultra classic) had a speedometer failure
Holy cow what a mess
The term "virtual relay" will become common soon
put a picture of your airplane,
I wish I still had pictures of mine, the spouse unit, back in 1974 explained that "just had" to sell my purty little '57 TriPacer.
I had installed a Zero Time 160hp Lyc and McAllen Gull Wing tips, wow, going from 125hp to 160hp and those 18 inch deep gull wing tips??

it was not the same airplane anymore.

·
Premium Member
89 1500 SE, trike
140 Posts
put a picture of your airplane,
I wish I still had pictures of mine, the spouse unit, back in 1974 explained that "just had" to sell my purty little '57 TriPacer.
I had installed a Zero Time 160hp Lyc and McAllen Gull Wing tips, wow, going from 125hp to 160hp and those 18 inch deep gull wing tips??

it was not the same airplane anymore.
One time owned one half of a TriPacer that was 160 from the factory.
Would out run my 172 like a scalded dog
and 100 low lead smells so good, and doesn't turn rancid

·
Registered
1993 GL1500 Aspy 1980 GL1100 STD
978 Posts
Friday after work Deb & I spent some time on the patio admiring all the potted posies, haven't yet had a hard freeze in Denver so the flowers are all still alive, when it got dark built a "campfire" in the fire pit and enjoyed putting wood on the fire until very late. It hit 75 here Friday. The posies days are numbered, though, next week expecting highs in the mid 40's and lows in the high 20's all week long, Monday thru Weds expecting rain/snow mix, I don't expect many of the flowers except the pansies to survive. Been lucky though, usually most of the flowers are long-dead by this time of year.

The 'Wings and Deb's Yamaha are feeling all ignored this weekend!

Yesterday it was expected to hit 65, actually reached 72. Did a bunch of yard work. Put the vacuum bag attachments on the leaf blower and made it a leaf vacuum. Did a mediocre job of raking leaves 'cause there's still a lot of leaves in the trees, raked them into piles and then sucked them up with the leaf vacuum. It does a very good job of turning big piles of big leaves into little piles of little ground-up little leaves. Bagged all that up. Then the fence around the front yard is covered on ornamental Pea plants, pretty pink flowers that bloom from spring to fall. ripped all that down and bagged it up. Got the fence all cleaned up and ready to put up Christmas lights like we do each year. Pruned the roses and other bushes. All this activity generated eight 55 gallon trash bags of leaves, vines etc. Put up Deb's Fairy Garden. Put up all the yard "Junk" - Gnomes, frogs, dogs, cats, owls, bunny statues, into the shed for the winter. Put the patio furniture away. Disconnected, drained and coiled up the last of the garden hoses, I took down the sprinklers, timer and those hoses a couple weeks ago. I started the day by doing the leaves in the back yard. The Linden tree was still holding on to most of its leaves, now a pretty golden color. Of course, it decided to drop most of them while we were working in front. Looks like I hadn't raked back there at all!

Today only expected to reach 44 degrees. Deb has to work 8am to Noon today. After all the activity yesterday the only planned activity today is to make some hot wings, a plate of celery and carrot sticks with ranch dressing dip, some tater chips and french-onion dip and sit in front of the TV to watch the Denver Broncos lose another game....o_O

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
23,390 Posts
Okay, the "Boring Day" award goes to Trike Lady. But I was a close second.

And Dave, we've got them on every street corner around here. Why would you have to drive all the way to Texas to pick up a whor... oops! I misread the post, sorry. Never mind. .. 😱

·
Magic Moderator
4,892 Posts
And my today was just as dull as yesterday with cleaning the kitchen, cooking chicken soup and putting laces in my boots, emails and two letters.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Well, since the weather was cold ( 44 deg.) and windy (gusting to 25) i decided to fire up the pellet stove and return to the project of the month, rebuilding the forks. This on the new to me `86 interstate. Had already removed the Fairing, wheel and fender, and calipers with the brackets. Got the tubes loosened in the clamps and then had lunch. Back too work, tubes are out and wouldn't you know the snap rings are rust frozen in place. Dang. No amount of cussing, PB Blaster and working to scrape out as much rust and gunk was helping, i could get the ring pliers in the holes but those rings weren't budging. Off to Walmart for Candy for the little monsters due to show up around sunset. The break was what was needed. The snap rings came out, not without more cussing, but out none the same. Now i just have to get the rest of the innards out, hopefully with less work and no damage!

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
We’ll, I’m late to the party again, but I spent the day polishing out the last 2 vintage aluminum slot wheels for the wife’s ‘56 Chevy that I’m trying to have ready by next spring. (Before and after.)
Wheel Automotive tire Rim Alloy wheel Hubcap

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
23,390 Posts
Well, yesterday and today both have been all about the bicycle and its wonky rear tire. Used the car to take the tire, on the rim, to the bike shop to see if they knew what was going wrong with it. They didn't know, so I just bought a new tire and headed home. And sure enough, that damn car threw a code again.

So, today I took Bike to go get a rim protector strip, as I discovered the old one to be worn. When it cooled off a bit I reassembled the bicycle and rode it around the block to make sure it rolled. It did.

I think tomorrow I'll drive the car up to the Grand Canyon and roll it over the edge. .. :oops:

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
the motor in the safari van gave up the ghost some time ago and now the frame is going bad on my club wagon so i left henry's after 4hrs to go see if i could find something i wanted to drive this winter. i drove the club wagon home and got the Mighty ST 1300 and rode out us-12 to check out a few dealerships. i stopped in Ypsilanti, MI for a few pic's then i rode to Ann Arbor before making it over to m-14 and heading home
Tire Wheel Sky Plant Vehicle
Tire Wheel Vehicle Sky Motor vehicle
Tire Sky Wheel Motor vehicle Vehicle
Tire Wheel Plant Fuel tank Vehicle
Tire Wheel Vehicle Sky Automotive tire
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Oh - THAT guy...
3,285 Posts
I reinstalled the flywheel, clutch, bell, and starter in the toy car.
Had a minor oil leak that required everything to come out.
Car is an '81 Granada with a 5 SPD/built small block/3.55 geared 8.8. It's even a 4 door.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 23 Posts