I would like to know what you guys wear when riding, For protection .Thanks Tim

:cooler:

·
Life Time Premium Member
3,918 Posts
imported post

I personally don't take any chances.

But then again I think I am a comedian.

Sorry, couldn't resist. Someone will be along shortly with the proper response.

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
imported post

As soon as the weather breaks. A big S M I L E !!!
Seriously I wear a good pair of boots. And always a leather bike jacket. I wear a sport touring race style. Fits tighter and no flopping around. Jeans and chaps if cold. My helmet would not leave the house with out 1 either full face or modular.

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

D-Rod, neat riding suit. :D If I could find one of those I might just try it.

It gets hot where I live , but I do try my best for as long as I can. Life on a motorcycle has simply taught me things happen, one never knows when. Just last Saturday I ran over a stick of firewood on the road. We were on a group ride and everyone but me missed it. I zigged when I should have zagged and at the very last moment, all you can do is hold solid, lean forward and balance on the pegs and let the bike become a plane for a bit. So one never knows, and should always be prepared.

A good helmet, I prefer a modular helmet, full head and face protection

Good gloves, you first instinct is to stick your hands out to catch your fall. Mine even have metal plates inside the glove on the palm.

A good jacket, with armor in it, even some of the traditional leather jackets now have body armor in them.

A good set of riding pants. Also with armor in them.

Good heavy boots with a good lug sole for traction

And a mindset to actually wear the stuff. I ride with close to 200 other riders in various clubs weekend to weekend, a few here and a few there and myself and one other are the only ones in the whole bunch that wear full protective gear all the time.

To go along with this is to daily, just before you get on the bike, take a deep breath and simply say to yourself, I will be observant, that is most likely the best gear.

Respectfully

Kit

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
imported post

We also ride with full face and modular helmets, gloves, armored jackets and good boots. Most of the time we ride with chaps on but think that this year we are going to invest in some good armored riding pants that can be worn over our blue jeans. Most of the better clothing you buy has enough venting that as long as you are moving, it's not too hot. You just never know and I have seen the results of what wearing and not wearing protective clothing look like. I will take the protective clothing every day, believe me.

Cobra

:15grey:

·
Premium Member
20,585 Posts
imported post

A bright yellow thong...of course!!! :doh::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

I also wear leather chaps, boots, vest or jacket and gloves depending on the weather. :cool:

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
imported post

Flyone, that thong has to have a lot of miles on it!:D No wonder it's just a string and patch, you've worn it out!:shock: It probably started out as a full pair of bright yellow pants!:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

Cobra

:15grey:

·
Premium Member
1,680 Posts
imported post

Helmet when needed, leathers when needed,but always a good case of constant awareness of situation. litfuse

·
Premium Member
2,137 Posts
imported post

In Alabama??
Timbuck, don't you all wear the skin of de animal you killed the night before?

·
Premium Member
2,970 Posts
imported post

I have been used to wearing a t shirt , half head ,gloves jeans and boots. Ive been really thinking of getting gear this year. I guess Im wary of a 15 lb leather that willcook me on the (95+ days)

I am also a very large size so it is hard to find bargains.

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
imported post

Heavy leather jacket. Helmet. Boots. Gloves. Unless it is brutally hot, then the jacket and gloves come off.

·
Premium Member
913 Posts
imported post

In warm weather I wear Tee shirt, jeans,sneakers and a helmet.I know this is not the smartest thing to do but I must be honest,that is what I wear....

·
Premium Member
5,381 Posts
imported post

Boots, Mesh jacket, Kevlar jeans, Gloves, Modular helmet.

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
imported post

Modular helmet, Mesh jacket, boots, mesh or leather gloves, just ordered mesh overpants.

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
imported post

Boots, Mesh jacket or heavy jacket (both with armor), jeans, Gloves, fullface helmet.OR Wear like my buddy does on his 1800, t-shirt, shorts, no helmet, sneakers (man i hope he never goes down)

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
imported post

Good boots always never sneakers chaps leather jacket gloves when I get too warm I just speed up a little.

·
Premium Member
3,773 Posts
imported post

This subject has come up before and with the same results. Most of the people who respond say they wear protective clothing andfull or modular helmets. However when I'm on the road or even at a meet most wing riders are wearing jeans, tee or maybe a long sleeve shirt and no helmet. I almost never see wing riderswearing leathers. With the exception of winter riding I wear jeans, a long sleeve shirt and always a helmet.

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

Always good heavy boots with a thick lugged sole. When you stop on a hill and you go to put your foot downonly to discoverthere's gravel on the pavement, you'll know why.

Always a helmet. It's the law up here. I have 3 different helmets with varying degrees of protection that I'll decide to wear, depending on weather conditions/temps.

Always eye protection!

Either a heavy, padded, leather jacket, or one of my textile armoured Tourmaster jackets 99% of the time. The 1% I ride in shirt sleevesis when I didn't pack my mesh armoured jacket along and it gets too hot for the jacket I started out with.

80% of the time, armoured Tourmaster textile pants. If I know it's going to get hot, then I'll wear a pair of shorts underneath to help keep sweating to a minimum. 12% of the time, leather pants and 8% of the time, jeans, because it too hot to wear either of the above. It can reach 115* here in the valley during the summer.

Always leather gloves. Don't know how many pairs I have and usually at least 3 pair on/in the bike somewhere. I feel nekkid without them. :blushing:

Dusty

·
Probationary
4,535 Posts
imported post

Jeans, 8 inch lightweight boots [waterproof], vest &/or leather, helmet& gloves with mesh on top + polycarbonate sun/clear glasses [from dollar store].

Been touring over 40 years & haven't tried chaps, yet.

Olive Oyl wears about the same except she likes her chaps & mesh, armored, reflective jacket with removable liner.

Rules change around 95* though.

Waterproof boots & polycarbonate glasses came from bad experiences.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.