Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Cuz of the motor. I was wondering what you all think of the Valkyrie Interstate.

:stumped:

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

Briliant bike. It goes like a hot snot and the brakes are very much better than the GL1500. :waving:

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
imported post

Well having ridden a Valky, I would prefer a little bit better handling and less weight. I love the frame and power plant for the Wing application, but a Valky in my opinion fails at the Wing touring application and fails as a power cruiser as well.

·
Senior Guru
2,234 Posts
imported post

You must have driven an older one Brojees because the ones I've been on have been excellent for their type. Nice handling, good feel and the GL1800 my friend was driving could not keep up tothe Valkerieon the straights nor around corners.

I have a friend on the East coast that drove down to see me on his Valkerie Interstate and he couldn't stop talking about how comfortable it was for long distance cruisng and believe it or not, he brought me a complete fuel injection system including wiring harnessesfor an 85 LTD and still had room left over for all of his clothing and travel items. This fellow also has several Gold Wings of various years and states clearly that the Valkerie outshines the Wing's handling hands down.

But, we are all entitled to our own opinions.

Vic

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
imported post

I don't think the Interstate version handles anywhere near as well as the standard naked one. Just too much weight, may as well get a dressed Wing instead.

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
imported post

Vic I will walk away from any Valyrie with a California 1100cc Guzzi.

I like the Wing frame for Wing riding, lots of high speed cruising, relatively straight line, two up and comfort oriented. But throw in hills and curves and even the Valky lags. The one I rode was an 2002 if I remember right. Pack of three Beemers, the Guzzi and the Valky. The Beemers and the Guzzi were fairly evenly matched and I rode all three models. The Valky was simply outclassed.

I actually did this trying to decide what I wanted until La Reina Del Mundo decided she would try riding with me, that settled it, nothing but a Wing for two up!

·
Senior Guru
2,234 Posts
imported post

But, you're now talking a completely different class of bike with that Guzzi Brojees.

My queen of the world settled it for me also, she actually chose the 1200 over the 1800 even though I like the handling and power of the 1800 better. She thought the 1200 was more comfortable for long rides.

Vic

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
imported post

As did mine, she also like the bags and trunk better. Now one of my riding mates with an 1800 says our wives have been talking and his wants a 1200 as well!! LOLOL!!

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

ubarw wrote:
Cuz of the motor. I was wondering what you all think of the Valkyrie Interstate.

:stumped:
One thing I don't like about the Valk is 6 (count 'em) six carbs.:whip:

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

So, the valk is carburated, and the wing has injection, right?

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
imported post

If I were to look at the Valk, it would be because of its "sportier" approach to riding. I love the wing, and would die if I got one. But, I love carving the corners and wonder if the wing is a bit large for that. It seems that the Valk would fill the bill for shorter touring, but be a bit sportier.

Maybe I need to ride an 1800 wing first. Maybe a test ride right after I win the lottery.:action:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.