Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Well guy's what do you think should I just jump right into this sale Yeah right I guess that's what you get from Craigs list I sure would like to seel my 95 but I dont think I want to give it away.

I am writing in respect of your advert posted on Craiglist.com. l would like to know if the Motorbike is still available for sale, the condition, and the method of payment. Also I’ll be contacting a shipping agent who will be handling the shipment effectively after purchase. Do not expect me to send you Western Union or any cash transfers, otherwise my method of payment shall be issueing a certified local bank cheque for your bank to endorse and item will be picked up after payment has been cleared by your bank. I am presently here in Malaysia and my phone number here is +601 0212 8449
Your earliest response to this mail will be well appreciated as I would like to make arrangement for payment ASAP.
Looking forward,
M Salim

·
Administrator
Piaggio MP3, was 02 GL1800
61,703 Posts
imported post

You've already nailed that guy. "His locally" certified bank checque. you bet. right off of his own printer.

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
imported post

More then likely the check will be bogus. But as long as you stipulate that you will hold the MC until the check clears the bank, what's the harm in playing along??

Just don't give them any account numbers, SS# etc... Full name and mailing address only. If you want to roll the dice...

Good luck!

Safe & happy riding! :action:
JB

·
Administrator
61,703 Posts
imported post

The fee for that "check" reverting to your bank will not be pleasant. I would forgo that experience.

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
imported post

AZgl1500 wrote:
You've already nailed that guy. "His locally" certified bank checque. you bet. right off of his own printer.
That's exactly what I thought too but I am sure that they sometimes get a sucker.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
imported post

NO WAY!!! Everytime I advertise I get something similar to this. It doesn't matter what it is. Don't do it.

·
Premium Member
'91 gl1500
752 Posts
imported post

Dont waste anymore of you're time with this scumbag.Delete and then ignore.Unfortunatley there are some suckers that will go for this and I know of innocent people who lost a lot of moneywith this kind of thing , so I dont give these wasters any time

·
Anti-Guru
2,711 Posts
imported post

royak wrote:
Well guy's what do you think should I just jump right into this sale Yeah right I guess that's what you get from Craigs list I sure would like to seel my 95 but I dont think I want to give it away.

Hmm, perhaps you should reply that you've just recently been notified that you've won the Nigerian lottery, but are unable to collectthe $5,000,000due to certain citizenship and tax restrictions.

You could then offer him your bike AND you rights to your Nigerianlottery proceeds for roughly $50,000 more than the price that you are asking for your bike... Once his funds have fully cleared any/all banks, you would be happy to discuss shipping of his purchases.

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
imported post

M. Salim is looking forward alright..... :cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
imported post

You know whats funny is a friend of mine has a Harley posted also on Craig's list and he got the same email. You are all right on with this I never even considered it.

·
Administrator
61,703 Posts
imported post

yup, a deal for the seller if you give him your 1200 bux :cheeky1:

·
Village Whack Job...
7,908 Posts
imported post

It's bait.

I posted the ad

"If you know motorcycles then you know exactly what kind of treasure I am selling".

·
Administrator
61,703 Posts
imported post

that ought to keep the knowledgeable types from biting on it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.