Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2008 GL1800
2,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I know I can record music and play it back thru the bike's system (corded in my case)
The question I have how readily plug and play is it? My bike has a CD on buttons but where is the CD location? Is there a power cord for it? Safe to assume I can skip songs from the hand control?

I dont have much use for prerecorded music but at $50 bucks I wouldn't mind having it. But I dont want to run any additional wires to power supply etc
Thanks in advance for posting if you have some knowledge of it

CD Box

·
Premium Member
12,956 Posts
All the bikes have the controls built in. IF you have a CD player it would be mounted in the trunk.

The device you link will plug into the bike harness under the seat . Then it can have a thumb drive/memory with your music . I suppose it can have other devices plug into it .

·
Registered
Several
1,442 Posts
Seems like everybody types faster than me!

Hey Peter,

I just GUESSING here. But it looks like that will plug into the cd plug under the seat of your bike. It might allow you to control the mp3 player/cd box (what this thing appears to be) with the buttons on your handlebars. I had a BIKE MP3 player years ago and that is how it worked. The only bad thing about it was if you pressed the sel button on your bike it would lock up and you could not turn it off without disconnecting the battery terminals. The BIKE MP3 player was also persnickety about how many files were in each folder. Other than that, it worked well. I installed it on a sidewall of the trunk with velcro and used it for years.

Hope this helps,

Rayjoe

·
Administrator
29,152 Posts
My browser won't let me open the link but, I had a bike MP3, it was junk. Then got the J&M MP3 adapter and it's is also junk, they have replaced it twice and it will play a while then lock everything up until I unplug the unit. I quit using it. It will however work from the handlebar controls, when it works.

Reactions: Peter Goldwing

·
Pwhoever
3,499 Posts
I have a similar one but a J&M model that let's me connect to my phone via Bluetooth. It also connects through the audio via the CD interface. Mine also allows phone calls as well. It is an older model that I don't think J&M offers anymore. I have been using it for several years now. I did have a problem with it after having it for a short time and had to send it back to J&M for repair. It came back with a new style connector and new harness. No real problems since then. Occasionally for some reason, the CD function does not turn on and then I can't access the module. I rarely listen to radio, only my mp3's so I leave the CD function on all the time. Sometimes completely turning off audio and turning it back on will get the CD function working but sometimes I have to turn bike off and restart. This usually happens only after using it for many hours on road trips and I believe if it is extreme heat. Other than the one time repair and occasional CD malfunction, it works well.

·
Registered
1983 gl1100
60 Posts
I know I can record music and play it back thru the bike's system (corded in my case)
The question I have how readily plug and play is it? My bike has a CD on buttons but where is the CD location? Is there a power cord for it? Safe to assume I can skip songs from the hand control?

I dont have much use for prerecorded music but at $50 bucks I wouldn't mind having it. But I dont want to run any additional wires to power supply etc
Thanks in advance for posting if you have some knowledge of it

CD Box
Here: Try one of these instead. $18.00 and you can Blutooth your phone calls, play songs on your thumb drive all by broadcasting to your radio. I have one (not the same model) in both of my cars, My School Bus, and my Goldwing. So long as your radio is working these are great.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just installed an ATOTO A6 PF on a 98 GL1500SE. It has Android Play and Apple play an it can read a up to a 2TB drive. I am using a NVME 2.0 Solid state wired to the radio with nearly 500GB of MP3 and Flac music. Blue tooth as well and it connect to the Sena 20. Music isn't an issue. It also has installed google maps and through the phone I can use "Here Drive" they also have Waze installed.

·
Premium Member
1998 GL1500SE
647 Posts
I just installed an ATOTO A6 PF on a 98 GL1500SE. It has Android Play and Apple play an it can read a up to a 2TB drive. I am using a NVME 2.0 Solid state wired to the radio with nearly 500GB of MP3 and Flac music. Blue tooth as well and it connect to the Sena 20. Music isn't an issue. It also has installed google maps and through the phone I can use "Here Drive" they also have Waze installed.
Did you make a thread on this?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Did you make a thread on this?
No.I didn't make a thread, but I could. Others have used the radio blank out panel and even made a thread for installing a 7" double din radio. It's just technology has improved so much from just a few years ago from that thread. This ATOTO unit is a 7 inch double din that's only a couple inches deep and is packed with features and build quality is very good.

·
Premium Member
1998 GL1500SE
647 Posts
No.I didn't make a thread, but I could. Others have used the radio blank out panel and even made a thread for installing a 7" double din radio. It's just technology has improved so much from just a few years ago from that thread. This ATOTO unit is a 7 inch double din that's only a couple inches deep and is packed with features and build quality is very good.
Yeah, I had a look at it on Amazon - I have an older, similar device fitted in a car.
What did you do about headphone/CB radio functions? How is it protected against rain?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I never used the CB and my friends use Sena and other devices for communications. I kept the old radio and the wiring if I ever wanted to go back, I cannot see that though. As to protecting it from the weather, this group pointed me in the direction to get a cover for the LCD so the sun doesn't take it out. That cover also protects the radio by default. I also 3D printed a cover out of TPU flexible material and it gently stretches around the radio. I also printed a goldwing emblem and attached it using Tetrahydrofuran.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts