Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

In my recent post, I had stated after getting bike back from Pistol Petes, the bike was running great other than a minor choke cable adjustment. Would you know it, after putting all the trim and extra parts on the bike, cleaning it and waxing it , ready to roll. I fired it up and.....Damn!!! Gas is coming out of the exaust.....What Now?

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

are you sure its gas---it could just be condensation ( water ) taste it , dip your finger in it and put it to your tougen . if it is gas open the door , windows , shut it off. quick .

·
Premium Member
4,328 Posts
imported post

Well, if it's gas you have a stuck float, a bad float needle, a poorly set float height..are the most likely culprits..but check your oil if there is gas in it..time to change it..running it that way will burn youir bearings.

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

It's Gas, I sent pistol pete a message and I am waiting to hear what he has to say. Lord I hope I don't hgave to break this thing all down again:gunhead:

·
Premium Member
1,148 Posts
imported post

If Pete's got into the carbs AT ALL,, It's very possible one of the floats has become dislodged from the mount tabs which would cause the needle & seat to lay free in the bowl. A tear down is not neccessary if you can access the fuel bowls..

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Thank's I will get on that tomorrow and get back with you. Haven't heard from pete yet.

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Sent the carbs back to P Pete. The smoke was the gas getting into exaust. So I have to do the whole thing over again:( Let you know the outcome.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.