Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

does anyone know what fuel pump will interchange with the stock on am told only a 1985 1200 se or a 1986 1200a sei pump will work plz call 402 917 5974

·
Premium Member
953 Posts
imported post

That's right, the pump for the Aspencade, Interstate and Standard is different and you will need the one specifically for the Sei/Ltd. Some people have successfully used aftermarket fuel pumps instead.

·
Premium Member
2,848 Posts
imported post

It is probably here on the site somewhere. Being injected it needs to be very specific to the 85 LTD or the 86 SEI I believe. Find the fuel pump testing procdure and that should tell you the target fuel flow and pressure. then start searching for suitable replacement.

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
imported post

Fuel pump for the early honda accord saloon is a similar size and delivers adequate pressure. The running pressure for the 1200 sei is 36 psi. I have this pump 0n my '86 aspy sei. As long as there is enough pressure the pressure regulator valve will deal with any excess.

Les

·
Premium Member
370 Posts
imported post

Here's what I have in my stash of notes, not sure how accurate the info is but it was from a thread on this site so it should be good ;) I seem to remember another substitution but I can't seem to find that note at present:

Here's the only other info I found from the archives...
"85 LTD 86 SEI fuel pump
A month ago the fuelpump of my 1200-SEi died on me. My dealer wanted about $700 for a new one (I live in the Netherlands) so I went to a local used car-parts dealer and asked him for any pump similar to my broken one.
To my surprise he came up with an almost identical model from a Mercedes engine, model '94, 2.0 or 2.4 liters. He charged me $60 (for a used pump), I installed it and it has been running fine now for about three weeks.
The Mercedes pump has a slightly smaller diameter (about 0.1" less) and is 0.5" longer but fits without any problem. The diameter of the inlet of the pump is twice the original size but the fuelhose can be stretched enough to fit.
For anyone interested these are the numbers I found on the pump:
Bosch 580 25-950
Mercedes 002 091 5901
Type RK-0002"

good luck.
Ra

23 July, 2004

Don for your records the Mercedes part # Has changed twice. It changed first
to 002 091 8801 and the direct sub to a carter pump is P72017. I just found
a new one at Auto Discount for 198.88. I am on my way now to order it. The
latest Mercedes part # is 003 091 5301. This # does not cross to anything
but the Mercedes dealer has them in stock for 300.00.
Again thanks for all your help.

Hope the info helps!

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts
imported post

When I changed my fuel pump on my LTD I used a Master E8000. Got it from Auto Zone for about $100. It is smaller in diameter but the pressure is correct. I suggest getting some insulation wrap (I don't know what it is called but it is white and good to about 600*F) to add the diameter to match the stock pump...makes using the stock clamp/rubber easier plus it insulates the pump from the engine heat. Plus you will need to put a filter inline on the inlet side of the pump. I used a cone screen filter (took it apart and just used the screen) and slipped it inside the fuel line. Or you can use a flat fuel screen cut to fit the inside of the fitting where the nipple screws onto.

You will also have to cut the stock wires at the pump and put on blade connectors to connect the wiring to the new pump.

Hope this helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.