Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Getting an 88 GL1500 in from the states in the next few weeks. Quick question guys, is it ok to use unleaded petrol in this bike or what do you suggest I use. Have read some of the old topics but just want to make sure. Is there a difference between unleaded & leaded for these bikes? & if so is there a way to rectify it.:)

·
Premium Member
316 Posts
imported post

Austin, all Goldwings are set up for unleaded. I'm not sure about the GL1000, but all the other models have the hardened valve seats and will run on unleaded from the day they leave the factory. I don't know of anyone with a Goldwing that uses anything other than unleaded.

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
imported post

:waving:I use 92 octane premium un- leaded, but I have the four degree trigger wheel. Runs great.

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

medic1 wrote:
Getting an 88 GL1500 in from the states in the next few weeks. Quick question guys, is it ok to use unleaded petrol in this bike.
Hey medic1, :waving:Yes fill her up with unleaded and let her go, she passes everything except a petrol station. :crying:Im sure i have told you before the only problem with the U.S. :15red:is that they are left hand drive, :whip:so just be careful untill you get the hang of her. :jumper:Ride Safe. :clapper:

:leprechaun: :18red: :leprechaun:

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Thanks guys for the info :):)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.