Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have been riding fingerless gloves with leather palms during the summer. As the temperature drops in the morning, my fingers are telling me its time to think about gloves for later in the year.

I want to find gloves that have a bit of a gauntlet to keep the wind from shooting up my sleeves.

So what gloves do you use? What ones have you tried that you dont like? Thanks!:waving:

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
imported post

HAHAHAHA! Sorry. Different reason for wearing gloves but,

I didn'tneed gloves until the summer I bought my wing. Then the hot air blowing over my fingertips burned so bad I found myself pulling my fingertips back behind the grips to get them out of the air flow! I started wearing Mechanix gloves during the summer and they work great!In the winter, when it gets down into the miserable 40's in the morning, I wear some leather, Microfiber lined gloves that have gauntlets that go up over my coat sleeves. Keeps me warm enough!

Bob :11grey:

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

I like the mechanics gloves, too. I have a silly reason for not wanting to give up my fingerless gloves, though.

I have a really cool tan line, it looks like an oval, where the sun hits my hand on top, in the oval infront of the velcro strap. And, since they are a mesh top, I have spots on my hands! I cant tell you how many people have commented. I am proud of them, kuz it comes from time on the bike.

What brand of gloves have the gauntlet?

·
Premium Member
4,931 Posts
imported post

I am pondering gloves as well. I saw a pair of black leather gloves with gauntlets and some stratigic padding at a bike shop for about $40 cdn. They looked ok and fit well, so my wife picked them up the other day on the premis that they can be returned. Not sure of the brand.What price range are decent gloves?

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
imported post

i wear the fingerless ones when it is warm but for colder riding I have a pair that go up over the jacket sleeves very well,i cannot see a brand name on them ,the only thing it says on them is thinsulate insulation by 3m,they are really good and warm but not that thick because of the insulation,very flexible and comfortable and i have worn them riding at the first of april and last year up until the end of october

·
Premium Member
4,040 Posts
imported post

I have 3 pairs warm weather I bought a pair of batting gloves cheap $12 no seams in the wrong place For cool days I have a set of gauntlets from Jaffree Leather and for cold I have a lined set of Gauntlets If still cold you could buy a car oops I mean an 1800 (same thing ) they come with heated hand grips Poor babies

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
imported post

When it gets real cold I use Vetter Hippo Hands. You can still find them on ebay. Heated grips don't work for me because of limited alternator output.

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
imported post

I too have three sets of gloves. Summertime I have a set with leather on the bottom and cloth mesh on top. Similar to a mechanic glove, but I think they breathe a little better. When it starts to cool down a little, I grab my plain leather gloves with a gauntlet (really does keep out the air). In really cold weather I have a set of leather gloves with gortex lining. Glove prices will vary alot, so if you find a pair you like and feel they are good, buy them.

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
imported post

I have been using the mechanix for about a year and a half, then noticed the palm fabric was wearing out. I ordered a set of Joe Rocket gloves with mesh on top along with air scoops for the knuckles and heavier leather padding for the palms and fingers. I ordered them from newenough.com for $19.95 (they were close outs) I have been very pleased with them.

Be Safe!

Robo

·
Premium Member
2,350 Posts
imported post

I wear a pair of gauntlet gloves more than any other. They are leather and have no insulation.

I purchased these gloves back in 1984 on a trip into Canada and it was the July 4th week and I was wearing a down jacket but my hands were cold in mornings. It was 41 degrees that morning! :goofygrin: :grinner: :goofygrin: :grinner:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.