Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello!

I recently decided that my Nighthawk was lonely, and after posting/discussing on a Nighthawk forum I came to three conclusions:

1. I want to go touring on a bike with my wife.
2. My Nighthawk is far too nice of condition for me to tinker with.
3. I need a bigger bike with luggage if I am taking my wife anywhere.

So, being the smart guy I am I went out and picked up a used 82 1100 Goldwing. (I had lurked around these forums for a while before then just reading.). Everybody wins! I get to tinker, we get to tour, and it is not a crapload of cash.

After many hours of researching on these forums and my trusty clymer manual I was able to take her down the road for the first time today without being stranded! Unfortunately, the issues seem to keep on rolling in and I realized that I reached a point where I need help and can no longer just lurk around reading.

I am hopeful that by documenting my issues and resolutions maybe some other poor sap can benefit much like I have, while also hoping to have an opportunity to pick at the expert posters brains a bit.

But that's a thread for the technical forum!

·
Premium Member
12,884 Posts
Hello TJ and officially Welcome to the forums . No need to be lurking , we dont bite . I hope your able to post your questions and recieve some helpful replies . Best of luck with your project . Once you have it sorted out the 1100 family is quite capable of touring two up .

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts

Welcome:waving:TJBond
Most new members don't realize that the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forum is much like an extended family and as such we like to get together on various occassions to renew old friendships and make new ones. For example, each year we put together a huge celebration called the North American Steve Saunders International Rally (NASSIR). Unfortunately you've just missed NASSIR 6 in Simcoe, Ontario however there is plenty of time to plan on attending NASSIR 7 which is being held in Fontana Dam, NC on July 8-10, 2014. If you want additional information please follow this lnk and it well take you to a dedicated information page for the event! Welcome aboard!!!

http://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/13-nassir-meet-n-greet-forum/444833-nassir-7-information.html

·
Premium Member
74,563 Posts
Hallo TJBond

Welcome on this nice forum. Wish you al the best.
And good luck with your Wing.

·
Premium Member
2,854 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Dont have to lurk anymore. I think you will find great people here who will help anyone. We are all like an extended family. Good luck with your new Wing!!!

·
Premium Member
28,832 Posts
Welcome, Welcome To Steve Saunders Goldwing Forum so withany Maintenance you do.If you have any questions no matter how trivial they may seem this forum is the place to ask them. What I have noticed is that some of the people here were 'Goldwings in their previous lives and can answer any question you have. The forums that I get the most from are::

Goldwing Technical Forum
General Motorcycle Discussion Forum

These have the best info about your bike and are where you ask questions and get help..

For Sale/Wanted Forum Good stuff for Sale....

And when you just need a good laugh:: Fun Forum Again Welcome to the Forum...

And A Big Welcome From Clermont, Indiana.....

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you all for the warm welcome. I'm excited to learn more and make new friends on here.

Can someone explain to me what Nassir actually is? It seems like a fun time! Is it a meet and greet at a hotel or some sort of iron butt ride? (That's sounds a lot dirtier than it actually is.). And who exactly is Steve Saunders?

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
Thank you all for the warm welcome. I'm excited to learn more and make new friends on here.

Can someone explain to me what Nassir actually is? It seems like a fun time! Is it a meet and greet at a hotel or some sort of iron butt ride? (That's sounds a lot dirtier than it actually is.). And who exactly is Steve Saunders?

NASSIR 7 (North American Steve Saunders International Rally) was held Tuesday July 8th to Thursday July 10th at the Fontana Village Resort in the Smoky Mountains of North Carolina. This is a Meet and Greet of Cowboys and Gals :makemyday: who hail from many parts of the U.S.A. and other countries in the world. Wingnut and his son wingnut jnr. and Wexy from Ireland have also attended these meet and greets

Steve Saunders (wingnut) who hails from Dublin in the Republic of Ireland is the guy who started this great goldwing forum away back in 2004....:claps:

·
Premium Member
8,921 Posts
Welcome from Oklahoma :waving: Enjoy the wing :cheesygrin:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.