Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
679 Posts
imported post

You "bumped into a car at 100 mph" and your Forum name is wingstunter.You should take your stunt riding to a track. The roadways are not a place for stunts. There are other people out there that did not sign up for getting "bumped" by 100 mph reckless motorcycles.

·
Premium Member
679 Posts
imported post

rgbeard wrote:
TitaniumWing wrote:
You "bumped into a car at 100 mph" and your Forum name is Wingstunter.You should take your stunt riding to a track. The roadways are not a place for stunts. There are other people out their that did not sign up for getting "bumped" by 100 mph reckless motorcycles.
Now now - there's two sides to every story. You're kinda jumpin in half-informed if you ask me. (which you didn't I know).
Yes,you may be correct, but most people consider hitting a vehicle at 100 mph and ripping off a peg a crash, not a "bump," so based upon the "bumped"comment (which implies to me he was makig light of it) the wingstunter forum name and the "we scrap pegs ALOT" comment, all considered together - I made an assumption.Not to mention the guestion about ground clearance for highway pegs doesn'tquite compute to me either. I have no problem grindingpegs in the twisties, but I think that's why highway pegs fold up.

Maybe he bumped the car on a track and it had numbers on the doors - if so, I apologize for my comment, but if not, I don't think hitting a car at 100 mph in a publicly accessible place qualifies for anything but reckless, even if the car was parked. Certainly, it's nothing to be proud of, but then again, you're right, I haven't heard the rest of the story, so maybe I will be surprised when/if I do, and I am totally off base here. In which case, I will retract my comments and publicly apologize. :gunhead:

In retrospect, I should have PM'ed my comments to wingstunter, and for not doing that, I do apologize.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.