1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Factory owner’s manual

Factory tool kit

Craftsman Zipper Case Tool Set Sears Item# 00941242000 | Model# 41242 containing:

· 6 pc. 1/4 in. drive socket 1/4 in., 9/32 in., 5/16 in., 11/32, 3/8 in.,7/16 in.

· 6 pc. 1/4 in. drive socket 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12mm

· 5 pc. 3/8 in. drive socket 1/2 in., 9/16 in., 5/8 in., 11/16 in., 3/4 in.

· 5 pc. 3/8 in. drive socket 13, 14, 15, 17,18mm

· 3/8 in. drive ratchet handle

· Adapter 3/8 in. F x 1/4 in. M

· 10 pc. hex key set SAE

· 2 open-end wrenches 3/8 in. x 7/16 in., 1/2 in. x 9/16 in.

· Bit driver

· 5 pc. Bits

To this I added:

· ¼ in drive ratchet

· ¼ in and 3/8 in drive extensions

· 10 pc. hex key set metric

· Cheap razor knife

· Small needle nose vise grip with wire cutter

· Craftsman metric combination wrenches 6, 8, 10, 12 mm

Weatherhandler Auto Safety kit including:

· Booster cables (changed to small clips)

· Safety triangle

· Assorted wire ties

· Roll of electrical tape

· emergency rain poncho

· Emergency space blanket

· Two reflective vests

6 in lg by 2 in wide velcro strap that can be used to lock the front brake lever & to hold things to rack

Assorted bungee cords

Bike cover

Rain gear

2 used spark plugs

Stop & Go Pocket Tire Plugger kit*

Air hose*

2 flashlights

Adventure Medical Ultralight .5 Kit from L.L.Bean, item # CX263696 (first aid)

Tie pressure gauge and valve core removal tool

Pocket notebook and pencil

Soft tie loops and ratchet straps

*Stop & Go makes several kits with hand tools, pistol grip tools, CO2 cartridges or a compressor. My GL1500 has air on board so I carry the hose and bought the pocket kit. I like this kit as it uses rubber mushroom plugs. My experience with the rope plugs has always been negative. I used this mushroom plug once in a car tire and it help up great. Hope to never use it again but if needed, I feel good about it.

As far as the cell phone, yes I have one but don't trust my life to it. I also have Ham radio and CB. I do not consider any of these to be a safety tool.

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

CBH wrote:
WOW!! That's a lot of stuff! Is that why you have a trailer? :shock:
:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

You forgot your shop rags.
I was wondering, Where do you put your clothes.

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Let's see, the manual, factory tools, plugs, air hose and tire plugger kit are under the floor mat on the right. Dead space anywayand minimal weight impact. The first aid kit and vests are on the shelf above the righttailight, the cover and rain gear are under the bungee net in the right lid and the bungee cords are behind the divider on top of the left tailight. So again, minimal weight and no space impact. The auto kit is in a nice bag, two inches thick and it also holds the ratchet straps. The added tools all fit in the Craftsman zipper pouch which is also only two inches thick. These two pouches take about half the bottom of the right bag.

So, I use about two inches from part of the bottom of the right bag and it weighs less thanten pounds,

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
imported post

What! No duct tape? Are you crazy? You might as well drive around naked!

;)

·
Premium Member
6,765 Posts
imported post

I didn't see any baling wire either

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
imported post

I carry the equivilent of Rudy's tool kit and other things...

I have a list:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
imported post

Duct tape is an absolute necessity and I would never fly a plane without it, either. In both cases you never know when an emergency will crop up requiring duct tape, like a talkative passenger. And unlike with a plane, you can't climb a Wing high enough to where the thin air quiets them down.

:D

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
imported post

Kind of reminds me of my old truck camper. If I couldn't find it in the house it was sure to be in the camper. Nice feeling to know you've got all the stuff you might ever need.:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
10,276 Posts
imported post

I carry the factory tool kit and an emergency road service card.

·
Premium Member
5,106 Posts
imported post

do you do thta many onside repairs?

·
mr irrelevant
2,205 Posts
imported post

My question would be where do you put the kitchen sink? Cuz u got everything else with ya....lol

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
imported post

Sounds like a nice tool kit and well packed.

Now where do you put the spare wheel bearings, fuel pump, and alternator? LOL

And all this time I thought you rode a Goldwing, I didn't know it was one of those other types LOL

Just ribbing you, good to be prepared. I really need to go over my tool kit and add somethings myself.

And I agree with others, get some Duct Tape in there! Never know when it may be needed or for what.
My side covers were coming loose at good speeds last year so I put a piece of Duct Tape on front and rear, better than losing them. Then I got keeper kit from Rudy. Don't have to worry about losing them now, but they still try to come loose.
And I had a bad side bag latch on the front, would not hold shut, worried it would pop open and loose my laptop etc.. so a small section of tape fixed that as well.

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

I carry my wife of course!!!!!:ROFL:

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
imported post

Bravo wrote:
Duct tape is an absolute necessity and I would never fly a plane without it, either. In both cases you never know when an emergency will crop up requiring duct tape, like a talkative passenger. And unlike with a plane, you can't climb a Wing high enough to where the thin air quiets them down.

LMAO!!! Might invest in a specialty gag instead. More comfy for the Wifey. :kissing:

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
imported post

SETHAN12 wrote:
I carry my wife of course!!!!!:ROFL:
With one of those we DO NOT need the Owners Manual or Service Manual. Mine knows EVERYTHING! :readit:

·
Premium Member
1,317 Posts
imported post

Heck, I have a trailer and a sidecar and don't carry that much. :)

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
imported post

Bravo wrote:

Duct tape starts to come apart at 400 kts on the leading edges of (airplane)wings.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.