Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As of right now I am riding my father in laws 88 Goldwing. Insurance is in his name but I am listed as primary rider. He has Dairyland insurance. I am looking at getting my own bike so I will be shopping insurance companies. So my question is what insurance do you use and why? I am 50 have a clear driving record and have been riding street bikes for 30 years, the last 8 legally.

·
Premium Member
4,010 Posts
American Family, great rates, no complaints in 15 plus years

·
Premium Member
2,656 Posts
Dairyland for me. I ditched Progressive after they jacked my rates up.

·
Oh - THAT guy...
3,275 Posts
Country Companies.
Even when I got a new rig they did everything over the phone and have been quick and easy with any claims. When I hit my deer it required two more tow jobs due to the silly people at our local stealer and no complaints or problems.

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Progressive. Decent rate and GREAT service.

·
Honda Guru
2,075 Posts
Progressive. One claim when I had a throttle problem and hit the back end of an SUV. Claims service was OUTSTANDING. Rates went up @10% for 2 years. I'm sticking with them for now.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I have Geico, haven't had a claim yet but haven't been riding long either. My deciding factor was price, $240.00 a year for full coverage with a $200.00 deductible

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
American Family for years with no problems, then switched to West Bend because I have all my things covered by one company. American Family would no longer cover my outdoor wood boiler so adi oos!

·
Premium Member
1,361 Posts
Allstate.
$160 per year full coverage 1998 SE

·
Administrator
Piaggio MP3, was 02 GL1800
61,628 Posts
Progressive here. No problems.:waving:

Same here and they did NOT jack up my rates after the 18 wheeler killed my '94 GL1500SE.

I am still with Progressive for the bike.
For the '91 ST1100 I only have liability.

·
Junior Grue
8,153 Posts
Allstate.
$160 per year full coverage 1998 SE
That's 10% of what we pay for just public liability.

Our Gubernment insurance company will if you're claim free for 10 years give you a 43% discount and one free claim before raising your rate.

Talking to my insurance agent it seems that for a four wheel vehicle public liability is the same whether it's a smart? car or a Ferrari, it's only motorcycles that get it up the hoop.

End of rant.

·
Premium Member
17,087 Posts
Progressive through USAA. USAA is my Auto carrier but they do not currently insure motorcycles so they partner with Progressive. I pay $90.00 a year for full coverage.

·
Premium Member
582 Posts
State Farm Insurance. Been happy with them.

·
1,819 Posts
Progressive through USAA. USAA is my Auto carrier but they do not currently insure motorcycles so they partner with Progressive. I pay $90.00 a year for full coverage.
90$ ??? ,- i pay 741$ , and THAT is cheep here , - maybe is is because a new GL1800 air bag is priced at 100,000$ up here in Denmark !(yes i wrote ONE HUNDRED THOUSAND US-DOLLARS).
Maybe i should move ? :headbanger:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.