2K views 22 replies 14 participants last post by  Hawker22 
#1 ·
imported post

See less See more
#4 ·
#5 ·
imported post

Old Hawkeye wrote:
Hi Hawker22, I was wondering is this seat from your 1500 or another bike. I'm asking because the pans are different for the diff models. Thanks. Old Hawkeye.:)
No, this seat is locally advertised, and I am getting the hots for it. I am setting up a time to go strap it on and try it.

Another view.

ime yo go strap it on for a try out.

#10 ·
imported post

Hawker if you want comfort than that is the seat for you .. I didn't realize how lucky I was that my 96 1500 SE came with that exact seat until a friend got hurt and asked me to take his 1500 with the stock seat to his house 150 miles away. About the 75 mile mark my rear and lower back were aching, on my bike I have done several 500-700 mile days without any discomfort at all. If the price is reasonable I recommend jumping on it !!

John

#11 ·
imported post

I see the passenger backrest now.thanks fix it.
You said you were gonna go try it,well I just came from putting 40,000 miles on a mustang seat,and the first few trips on my corbin seat,I'll admitt I did'nt like it at all,but now I do believe they are the best seat.
So I would jump on it even at 500bucks and you & your butt will learn to love it.

#13 ·
imported post

kyboy67 wrote:
I don't know if your still looking but here is a real nice one on ebay Item number: 150307136458
Thanks for that. Yes, it is a nice seat, but I am not fussy about that colour pattern, and I already have those controls on my bike. Actually, I snagged the one that I was looking at and it is now mounted on my 1500.

#14 ·
imported post

I saw a similar seat sell for £650 pounds on ebay uk a few weeks ago,,,,, very,, very,, nice.. go on Hawker22,, treat your self:cooldevil::waving:

#18 ·
imported post

Your butt will thank you many times over.Like I said before I think the stock Wing seat is the biggest downfall of all models of Wings(including the ones with the ugly headlights from what I've read).

#20 ·
imported post

Thanks all. Can't wait to take a longish ride with it. THAT may have to wait until next spring though. But I will get some more short hauls in before winter. Ya, I sorta like it, just like I sorta like the white bike, but if I had my choice, I would have the candy apple red. Then this seat would not be right. Actually, I got the seat from a guy who owned a Candy apple red 1500.

#21 ·
imported post

kyboy67 wrote:
I see the passenger backrest now.thanks fix it.
You said you were gonna go try it,well I just came from putting 40,000 miles on a mustang seat,and the first few trips on my corbin seat,I'll admitt I did'nt like it at all,but now I do believe they are the best seat.
So I would jump on it even at 500bucks and you & your butt will learn to love it.
I had the same reaction to mine.. at first I thought I had just thrown my money away, the seat was hard as a rock. Over time it got to be comfortable enough and I ignored it while racking up longer and longer days, never really thinking about the seat at all. Then I switched to a different bike for a few weeks and realized just how spoiled I had become!

For me.. the Corbin seems to be just sort of OK, but it stays perfectly OK all day long, 8, 10, 12 hours in the saddle. The stock seat feels much better for a half hour.. then the pain sets in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.