Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

My Haynes manual says to replace the DESICCANT in the onboard air compressor when it turns pink or colourless. The new stuff should be deep blue in colour.

The Honda dealer here has never heard of this, or where I might get some.

Is this stuff really required, and where does one get some.

As always, THANKS FOR THE HELP!!!

Grant

·
Senior Guru
4,298 Posts
imported post

I've heard one can micro-wave it back to blue. Might need some caution, and I would use a low setting.

·
Senior Guru
4,298 Posts
imported post

If you need to acquire some new, a commercial AC shop should have it.

·
Premium Member
2,491 Posts
imported post

Newfiewinger wrote:
My Haynes manual says to replace the DESICCANT in the onboard air compressor when it turns pink or colourless. The new stuff should be deep blue in colour.

The Honda dealer here has never heard of this, or where I might get some.

Is this stuff really required, and where does one get some.

As always, THANKS FOR THE HELP!!!

Grant
Grant, a DESICCANT is a type of moisture remover or moistureretainer that is used to dry incoming air so the system doesn't become full of moisture. In some cases it is just a charcoal based compound that absorbs moisture. I'm not sure what Honda used but there are all kinds of desiccants available for anything from air to all the gasses. You might look on-line for an air filtration desiccant.

I'm not sure how important using an active desiccant really is as most automobile auto leveling systems just use a foam filter in the air inlet & they work in a much worse environment than your motorcycle system does.

Twisty

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
imported post

Most often you find it in little 'cloth' type packs inside new product packaging.
It has (and for very good reason) printed warnings about eating the stuff.
I got a little pack in my computer printer box for example.
When you open the little pack, there is a bunch of blue / pink hard balls in it.
This is what you are looking for.

Hope this saves you some money (and a trip to the local Honda dealer)

This is the kind of thing you are looking for..........

Ben.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,391 Posts
imported post

Microwave it, I do mine about every two years.
As far as the dealer not knowing about it, all he has to do is to look it up on the parts fiche, If he is not willing to do that or "DOES'NT" know about it. Find a new dealer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.