Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Well I have a new lady friend and I went to her house for the first time and low and behold was V-4 Honda sitting in a shed. She acted as though I could have it. I haven't asked. I believe it is either the first or second year Gold WIng. How do I identify the year and model.It appears to be in fairly good shape. Thank you Homer.

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
imported post

Homer, it should say right on the emblems what it is. Of course though Goldwings do not have a V4 engine. It is a flat opposed 4 cylinder.

·
Banned
7,545 Posts
imported post

sounds like a MAGNA

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
imported post

sandcastcb750 wrote:
Have it? As in "free"?
Oh, I'm sure he will PAY for it!:cooldevil::cooldevil:

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
imported post

Homer Simpson wrote:
Well I have a new lady friend and I went to her house for the first time and low and behold was V-4 Honda sitting in a shed. She acted as though I could have it. I haven't asked. I believe it is either the first or second year Gold WIng. How do I identify the year and model.It appears to be in fairly good shape. Thank you Homer.
Turn the Handlebars to the left and look at the frame just forward of the gas tank. It should give you a year, model number and serial number.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Maybe a Silverwing?

·
Premium Member
3,403 Posts
imported post

That was always one of my fantasies. Meet a woman who just happens to have a classic bike in her shed which she'll give me.

Never happened of course, but my wife did come with a nice set of pots and pans and a brass door knocker.

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
imported post

That perticular V4 engine near ruined hondas reputation as it was a disaster in the cams and chain dept. many just disintegrated they were crap, late V4 was restyled with gear driven cams VFR750 this engine was the mutts nuts absolute gem and rated as the best sports tourer ever built i had one some time back only other V4 is the pan european 1100/1300

Attachments

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
imported post

English Bob wrote:
That was always one of my fantasies. Meet a woman who just happens to have a classic bike in her shed which she'll give me.

Never happened of course, but my wife did come with a nice set of pots and pans and a brass door knocker.
When I remarriedmy wife(yeah, go ahead and call me an idiot. It was HER idea to resurrect the '75 Wing), shehad a bunch of power tools. She worked part-time at a hardware place and scarfed up some drills, sanders, grinders, etc. What a woman!! :cool:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.