Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

After a long time serching for a second hand Wing I just gave up not being able to find what I wanted, so my dear xyl said just go out and get a new one..

So wedrove to Auckland on last Monday and found just what we wanted..We picked up the wing yesterday and drove it home 130 ks and what a machine, the cruise control is such a pleasure to use.. Having the radio on our favourite stationmade the trip so relaxing.. I am very inpressed with the lack of wind the driver or pillion passanger get.. The ABS brakes really stop you fast and safely

Just to make a certain person happy it is RED and has BRIDGESTONES inflated on the wheels.. We are now looking forward to our first big outing...Roll on summer:15red::15red::15red:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21,185 Posts
imported post

Not sure you will make "a certain person" happy, jelous, more like!! a bit like me really, can't think of much better than a ride home from the dealership on a brand new Wing, through a beautiful country, with the Wife/girlfriend on the back, and with her approval to boot!!

Sounds like you will be the guy with the silly big grin on his face, in NZ for a good few weeks yet. Congratulations on going with the best bike in the world, a Goldwing. (Shame about the Red, but hey ho, we can't all have everything!!:goofygrin::goofygrin:)

Pete
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Hi Silverfox thanks for your comments, yes it sure puts a wide grin on ones face for sure and yes the wife is very happy...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,923 Posts
imported post

Congratulations. How much will it be to repaint it BLACK?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

gees my wife would kill me the colour was her choice as was the matching helmets I think I am colour blind LOL LOL
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

I forgot to mention my wife paid for it as well so I don't really have a leg to stand on ...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,409 Posts
imported post

STALSALOT wrote:
I forgot to mention my wife paid for it as well so I don't really have a leg to stand on ...

Shes a keeper:waving::waving:
and obviously very smart based on the color/colour choice


Congrats on the new wing:cool: :clapper::clapper:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

That is for sure ... Even caught her cleaning The Goldwing today.. Also noticed her reading the Wings bible (handbook) .. I might be forced to sit in the pillion seat if this keeps up ..:grinner:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,409 Posts
imported post

Da Boss sat on DR last night and said "theres no way in H#$$ I could drive something this big"... (talking about my goldwing...get your minds out of the gutter:cooldevil::goofygrin: )

I told her, just wait, this is your first year of driving...in a couple years you will have your own:goofygrin:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,777 Posts
imported post

Congratulations on your new addition... :banana::bananas::banana: Not to good on geography, how many miles of road-ways in New Zealand, and whats their condition ???
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

Hi Shooter, we have a great lil country with heaps of beautiful country side and in the main very good roads.. Lots of native bush with the roads winding thru.. Plenty of mountain ranges to just cruise and enjoy the view.. We have three main Islands and the South Island would be one of the best for cruising, not so many vehicles and a snow capped mountain range to pass over in several places.. From memory if you were to drive as the crow flies,from the tip of the North Island to the bottom of the South Island is it approx 2000 kms, with plenty of side trips to enjoy.. So yes we have plenty of cruising in front of us.. To cruise the South Island properly would take roughly three weeks and the North Island about the same.. The next stop to the south of New Zealand is the South Pole, that woud be a bit slippery for cruising LOL LOL..

Cheers Bren
 

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
Joined
·
57,413 Posts
imported post

STALSALOT wrote:
Just to make a certain person happy it is RED and has BRIDGESTONES inflated on the wheels.. :15red::15red::15red:
Hey STALSALOT :waving:Congrats on your new purchase. :clapper: You now have the three most important things right, (1) :18red: (2) BRIDGESTONE TYRES (3) RED IN COLOUR. :weightlifter:

[align=left]One thing about your post confuses me a great deal, :stumped: why have you those threestrange looking bikes at the bottom of your post. :baffled:[/align]
[align=left]:leprechaun::18red::leprechaun:[/align]
 

·
Postpubescent member
Joined
·
36,382 Posts
imported post

Redwing wrote:
:15red::15red::15red:

Hey STALSALOT :waving:Congrats on your new purchase. :clapper: You now have the three most important things right, (1) :18red: (2) BRIDGESTONE TYRES (3) RED IN COLOUR. :weightlifter:


[align=left]One thing about your post confuses me a great deal, :stumped: why have you those threestrange looking bikes at the bottom of your post. :baffled:[/align]
Don't you be knocking those fine machine!:whip::2finger:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
imported post

I was looking for a RED HONDA 50 but could not find it, will you ever forgive me ????
 

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
Joined
·
57,413 Posts
imported post

STALSALOT wrote:
I was looking for a RED HONDA 50 but could not find it, will you ever forgive me ????
Hey the guys that ride the :15red: will crack up if you compare her with my Honda 50. :clapper:

:weightlifter::18red::weightlifter:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
imported post

Redwing wrote:
STALSALOT wrote:
I was looking for a RED HONDA 50 but could not find it, will you ever forgive me ????
Hey the guys that ride the :15red: will crack up if you compare her with my Honda 50. :clapper:

:weightlifter::18red::weightlifter:
From what I have read your RED Honda 50 "RULES" the roost ????.. But does it have Bridgestones ???
 

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
Joined
·
57,413 Posts
imported post

STALSALOT wrote:
From what I have read your RED Honda 50 "RULES" the roost ????.. But does it have Bridgestones ???
Yes Sir :waving:It sure has BRIDGESTONE tyres fitted :clapper:and it's also the fastest Colour Red.
 

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
imported post

Redwing wrote:
STALSALOT wrote:
From what I have read your RED Honda 50 "RULES" the roost ????.. But does it have Bridgestones ???
Yes Sir :waving:It sure has BRIDGESTONE tyres fitted :clapper:and it's also the fastest Colour Red.
Where do you hide the remote ???
 
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top