Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
killer driller
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don"t generally like to sound stupid(more common than I like to admitt)but i keep hearing about this Sea Foam,and wanted to learn more about it from someone who has used it,all opinions are appreciated.

·
killer driller
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i was just wondering was its purpose is and when to use it 'i guess the best thing to do is go to that site and do some reading thanks

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
click on Rudy's link

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
i was just wondering was its purpose is and when to use it 'i guess the best thing to do is go to that site and do some reading thanks
To save you a little reading...

It's purpose is to remove lacquer build up in fuel systems.
I add a half can to a full tank of fuel twice each spring and then a half can in the fall when it's going to be parked for a while. It also serves as a fuel stabilizer.

That site is this site. It's just a place where most all of us who have had anything to do with Seafoam have posted their experiences right in line with what you wanted to know and collected into one thread.

·
Premium Member
2,447 Posts
Use it to clean fuel systems by adding it to your gas. Some add it to the crank case oil for the last 50-70 miles before an oil change, (tho there is some talk that it may eat the varnish off the alternator coils of 1200's). I've even read where you can mist it into the throat of your carborators to clean the carbon buildup out of the combustion chambers.

It does a LOT of things! Tho I wouldn't recommend it as a dessert topping, not again anyway! :cheesygrin:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.