Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
killer driller
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My bike is in need of tires and i was wondering what is the best tire for comfort and wear

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
Tires and oil can be an interesting subject on this forum.
Subject usually ends up in an argument over this or that.
Any round tire should be fine.:ROFL::waving:

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
First off, you need to include what bike you are asking on!(PLEASE include that info on each new topic started)

·
Premium Member
1,245 Posts
Tires and oil can be an interesting subject on this forum.
Subject usually ends up in an argument over this or that.
Any round tire should be fine.:ROFL::waving:
hope this time it wont get emotional ;)

·
killer driller
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well i wouldn't want to be resposible for starting any shhhstuff,so i think I'll put dunlops back on my 75 gl 1000

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts
I like the round ones that hold air. LOL.

·
Premium Member
6,765 Posts
The one you buy

·
Answer Seeker & Kibitzer
634 Posts
Well i wouldn't want to be resposible for starting any shhhstuff,so i think I'll put dunlops back on my 75 gl 1000
I have used the Dunlop D404 on a GL1100 and found them to be really nice. They grip well and ride well. That would be on a 1980 GL1100 Interstate.

Here are Randakk's recommendations. I think I'm going with the Bridgestone Spitfire because it's higher mileage than the Battleax.
http://www.randakksblog.com/tire-recommendations/#more-1184
I had the Spitfires on a CX500 last year and after 7000 miles they still looked great. Gripped well in the rain and handled like a dream on that smaller bike. In fact I am going to put them on my new-to-me Suzuki GS650 this spring. I am not certain about load ratings on them but I liked them. My experience with the BattlAx BT45 is pretty good as well however it cupped at 11,000 miles but I still ride it with now 19K on it.

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
I'm due for tires myself.
I've 23K miles on Dunlops with tread left, more on the front than on the rear.
I'm going with a car tire on the rear this go-'round though.
No complaints about those Dunlops on there now though.

·
Premium Member
1,245 Posts
I have a michelin on rear and sadely i will match with the front metzeler and hope all gos well. the front metzeler is 6k and fine so fare

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
'78 gl1000

Attachments

·
Premium Member
660 Posts
I just put a set of Bridgestone Spitfires on my 81 Gl, dyna beads, new shocks front and rear [progressives]...Omg..It's like new again...I tried the 404's a few times, to me these are much smoother..

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
Dunlop C18 @ 4.50X17

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.