Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like the GL1500 audio system. but it is dated. I want to be able to use my WHOLE phone(talk to text,voice activated phone,music,etc...) Any such system out there less than $100?
What is the CHEAPEST but reasonable way to get a blue tooth headset to work with phone?
Here is where it gets tricky. I don't care if I have a cord attached to my helmet(the way it is now). I hate to have to charge the headset and it die. That is the way I see a lot of them now. I would not mind if it was charging while riding.
I see systems $200 and up. I don't have that kind of money to put into a system. One place wants you to buy 8-10 parts to make a "system". $250 worth.
I would either like a style the plugs into the USB on my phone or have voice command for the phone.
Any ideas on a system like this? Or am I just going to buy a ear piece and live with it?

·
Senior Guru
3,589 Posts
Kennedy Technology used to have some excellent adapters at reasonable prices. I'm not sure if they got back in the business after they closed down a few years ago.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I contacted them(one guy now) He quoted me $150-175 for all the stuff I needed to make it work on my GL1500 system.(3 weeks behind also) Like I said. I just can't afford to go the "BEST" route right now. I can get a Sena style for the same price. Not sure what I am going to do right now. Thanks for the response.

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
Sorry to say, but pay now, or pay later.....the difference in the end is maybe a couple tanks of gas anyway or a few less weeks of through the coffee shop drive through...
A lot of the cheap ways to go you end up with crappy sound, battery, etc....

Better off going with a name brand unit whether Scala, Sena, or whatever....

We have the Sena SMH10's, quite happy, will go two full days on a charge. Properly designed to integrate with most phones. Sena even has a new version with built in fm (might work good with fm transmit gps?).

They've got a 3.5mm input jack too sure you can directly wire in your ipod, gps, or whatever...

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
I recently asked this question and this was an answer that i got.

I did this by putting power into the left glove box, then a usb power adapter powering a usb wireless bluetooth adapter plugged in to the aux cable. usb power adapter..less than $5, wireless bluetooth, $9 or so on the web. Piece of cake

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
Maybe look for an older GPS if you don't have one. If you get one with bluetooth you can link the telephone to the gps. That's what I did to start and then ran a wire from the GPS to the connector that runs to the plug the helmet plugs into on the bike. It takes using a matching transformer soldered to the correct pins.
If you decide you want to go that way I can dig up the details.
The old GPS I used was a Garmin Nuvi 360. I see them used online from $40 - $99.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.