Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at a 1996 GL 1500 SE...what is the difference between 1996 GL 1500 Aspencade? Bells and whistles?

·
Premium Member
991 Posts
The SE has two-tone paint, CB radio, a trunk spoiler/light, a windscreen vent, lighted handlebar switches, adjustable passenger footboards and foot warmer vents.

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
The SE has two-tone paint, CB radio, a trunk spoiler/light, a windscreen vent, lighted handlebar switches, adjustable passenger footboards and foot warmer vents.
That is about the list...the lighted handlebar switches use a "grain of wheat" bulb that will..over time burn out. The bulbs can be replaced very easily with 3mm LEDs and make an amazing difference!

·
Premium Member
763 Posts
LED Update

Be nice to see a step by step guide on putting LEDs inside the handlebar light switches :)

·
Premium Member
711 Posts
That is about the list...the lighted handlebar switches use a "grain of wheat" bulb that will..over time burn out. The bulbs can be replaced very easily with 3mm LEDs

I like the look of the blue and would be interested to see what led's you used so I can order some of the same..thanks

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
That is about the list...the lighted handlebar switches use a "grain of wheat" bulb that will..over time burn out. The bulbs can be replaced very easily with 3mm LEDs

I like the look of the blue and would be interested to see what led's you used so I can order some of the same..thanks
Just used 3mm blue LED's purchased from superbrightleds.com also requires a 560 ohm resistor. Soldering skills required and be aware that the LED's are polarity sensative.....I have posted a link with directions to do the work...http://goldwingdocs.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=9667

There are also directions on how to replace the bulbs in your dash..saddle bags...trunk..etc. I did mine and love the look! These are all LED now...

Saddlebag lights, trunk light, side lights and ring of fire are all LED Strip LED's...

·
Premium Member
711 Posts
Wow! They do look good. Thanks a lot

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.