Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 1800. Does anyone know what is the female connector that is attached to the front of the ignition switch for? Is there a wire with a male connector under the radio area that connects to it? :?

·
Banned
4,568 Posts
Is something not working? I remember you were trying to get the switch bolts out the other day
Is there a clean look inside the connector- unused/ fresh?
Can you post a pic?

Often there are extra wires for different countries requirements on equipment or accessories, same as cars have
1 wiring harness fits 30 countries rules... one needs DRL lighting, another calls for extra side markers etc.

·
Administrator
24,409 Posts
There is a connector there for the display switches.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sometimes the bike will not start. I took all of the Tupperware off and changed the air filter. After re-installing the main cover I noticed I did not connect the harness just in front of the ignition switch. I guess the male end is still under the cover.

Back to the original problem. Sometimes the bike will not start when pressing the starter switch. About a week ago I was riding along and the engine suddenly died for about three seconds. I was guessing the ignition switch had some bad connectors, but a mechanic friend suggested loose connections somewhere. Now I am about ready to see if the tightening of some ground wires solved the problem. thanks for your response.

·
Administrator
24,409 Posts

·
Administrator
24,409 Posts
Sometimes the bike will not start. I took all of the Tupperware off and changed the air filter. After re-installing the main cover I noticed I did not connect the harness just in front of the ignition switch. I guess the male end is still under the cover.

Back to the original problem. Sometimes the bike will not start when pressing the starter switch. About a week ago I was riding along and the engine suddenly died for about three seconds. I was guessing the ignition switch had some bad connectors, but a mechanic friend suggested loose connections somewhere. Now I am about ready to see if the tightening of some ground wires solved the problem. thanks for your response.
Check the battery connections.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Check the cut off switch atop the right switch POD. My 02 would die for a split second flash an F1 code and recover faster than I could react. I sprayed out my switch and flipped it back and forth a few times and it only happens now if I spaz and rock the switch accidentally when I'm in bulky gloves. The switch should feel loose and should actuate with three positive detent positions and no rattle.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.