Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi All,

Back again with another question regarding a '95 Interstate that I bought, and I'm trying to revive from an accident.

I've got a wire harness that I cannot identify. I do have a Clymers manual with the wiring diagrams, but I can't seem to find this. I suppose it's possible that it might be aftermarket as well.

The harness has three, four wire, square Honda looking connectors. Two are female (one black plastic, one white plastic) and the other is male, white plastic. The black plastic female connector has a Brn/Wht, Brn, Red/Grn or Red/Blue (tough to tell), and Blue wire. The white female connector has a Pink, Black, Yellow, and Yel/Red wire. The white male connector has a Pink, Black, Blue, and Red/Grn or Red/Blue.

The other end of the harness has been broken from the accident. It looks like there may have been two small circuit boards that could have been the back of a couple of potentimeters. Again, because of the damage, I'm speculating. Each of the pieces of circuit boards has six wires connected to it. The first piece has two pink (tied together), two Red/Grn or Red/Blue (tied together), and Yel/Red and Brn/Wht (tied together). The other piece has two Blue (tied together), two Black (tied together), and Yellow and Brown (tied together).

I know this is a tough assignment, but any help would certainly be appreciated. Thanks to all.

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
imported post

BTW, the harness is approx. 18" long.

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
imported post

Leyton,

What section of the bike are you focused on? I have a '98 SE with much of the plastic off right now and I could look around a bit to try to help.

Regards,

Greg

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Golfbug,

Actually this harness was in a box of parts that the previous owner had taken off after the accident. So I don't know from where on the bike it could have come from.

Heffo,

Your idea is the direction I was thinking. Although, I don't know why there would be twopieces of circuit board. Would two control knobs be plausible with a fader?

Thanks for the replies.

Leyton

BTW, if pics would help, I can take a few and post them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.