Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi everyone,

I hope all is well with you and yours. In the rebuild kits that I bought for my 76 wing (pictured below) there came an O ring which I do not know where it goes. In the picture that I have attached below it shows what I received, you see the two larger O rings, I know the smaller of the two goes to the manifold but I can not figure out where the larger of the two O rings goes - you would think that it would go around the round piston sleeve but it does not fit and if I forced it to fit it would impair the ability of the piston to move freely at higher engine speeds - can anyone help me out? This is probably one of those moments that I am having a complete brain fart but I appreciate any help that you guys can give!

Thanks in advance for your help and please let me know if I may help anyone out with electrical/electronic problems!

J

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,299 Posts
imported post

I would guess that the larger 0ring fits the cover on top of the carb, or is to be used where the carb mounts to the manifold. It probably has to be formed to fit the manifold side.,,

·
Premium Member
2,848 Posts
imported post

Should go between the plenum and the carb body.

·
Premium Member
4,328 Posts
imported post

A round hole and a square peg or something like that.,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.