Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1992 Aspy
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a rebuild on my clutch slave cylinder and I spotted this part laying on top of the heat guard, left side. I've searched the parts diagram but I'm not seeing it. Anybody know what it is? It is made out of rubber and looks like some kind of part that fits around a tube to protect or hold it in place. Bike is a 1992 Aspy. It is about 1 inch by 1.5 inche by .75 inches in size.

Automotive lighting Bumper Automotive design Tints and shades Automotive exterior

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1992 Aspy
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bingo! I see the part listed on the radio diagram. Not a biggie for me then since I don't have the headset installed on this bike.

Thanks for the help!

·
Pwhoever
3,461 Posts
Even if you don't use a headset, if you have the lead to plug into the headset, you may want to consider gluing it back on or even 3M emblem tape. This will hold that lead so it isn't flopping around. There should be one for driver to the left and above the stereo and one on the lower part of the little left rear passenger cargo box.

·
Premium Member
495 Posts
That's a left handed samo-flange. Not to be confused (as a matter of course) with a right handed doohickey.

Yup - that's a headset dongle holder.

• Haha
Reactions: Pwhoever
1 - 6 of 6 Posts