Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I want to add a cup holder to my bike. I do not want it to be a cup holder that comes with and is designed to work with a particular cup. I would like it to be able to hold everything from a can to a soda from the drive through. What is your favorite solution for this? Having the wife hold it FOR me isn't an option :)

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

My favorite solution?

Stopping when I want a drink is much safer, at least for me.:waving:

·
Administrator
26,175 Posts
imported post

I have 1 I am not real fond of if that helps. Kruzer Kaddy, it fits 12oz cans and 16oz bottles fine but no kind of larger cup. It is made to swivel which I found useless and will spill a full tall drink so I made it solid. It also rattled before I bolted it solid unless it had a container with a few oz of liquid in it.

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
imported post

norton wrote:
SETHAN12 wrote:
My favorite solution?

Stopping when I want a drink is much safer, at least for me.:waving:
same here.
This subject has come up a time or two and I can assure both the previous posters that down here in Texas... in summer... you'd better have a way of re-hydrating in transit or you will not get anywhere. This is NOT an exaggeration... during the summer, it is often well into the 100's here by noon.... so while in Pennsylvania and Colorado they may have the option of stopping for a drink... here... you must re-hydrate on the fly or you will simply die.

It's really that simple! Drink constantly as you ride... or die of a stroke!

I have one of these and I love it. I had to make a little PVC doo-dah to mount it to the left side of my handlebars (I have pics) but it works great... holds almost any travel mug. It also holds a 12 oz can nicely and the tall 16 oz Gatoraids... but most importantly it holds the 24 oz cans of Arizona Ice Tea and other similar products.

http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/handlebar-clamp-mount-cup-holder-chrome-78-inch-to-1-14-inch-bars/part/RIV-CH200

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

norton wrote:
I've ridden through Texas in the summer (including Last summer) and I'm still alive.
Ditto!! Also rode through Arizona:waving:

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
imported post

Both spoken by folks that LIVE elsewhere...

I know what I know... and I do not feel compelled to defend what I know. Because I know it.

Down here... you hydrate as you ride... or you'll drive your kidneys into premature failure from prolonged dehydration.

theonegod...

This is a good drink holder. The swivel is useless, lock it down like Dave says

·
Premium Member
2,739 Posts
imported post

Stick to your guns Texas!
You know what you know, that's all that matters.

However......You know what I know?
I know that I have ridden over 500,000 miles in
my life and never once had kidney failure because
I couldn't stop to take a drink when I needed one.

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
imported post

Butler.

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
imported post

Living in a hot climate, drinking while driving is a must for your health. Here is my solution, and it works so good that I will add another one on the other side. It is designed for the 1800 but works great on the 1500 with a little tweak.

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
imported post

I use a camelbak on long rides, and bottled water on short rides. I won't drink and ride either if I need to hold my drink. The camelbak is easy to use while riding. Now the wife, she loves having a drink and spilling it down my back!
http://www.camelbak.com/Sports-Recreation/Packs.aspx

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
imported post

the OP wasn't asking if he should or should not use one, he simply was asking for opinions on which one to use.

but hey, let's turn it into a pi**ing match.:?

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
imported post

norton wrote:
Stick to your guns Texas!
I am 52. I bought my first bike in the summer of 1969 at Pasadena Honda (in Texas) with money I made myself throwing papers for the Houston Chronicle. That makes 43 years on a variety of bikes... I know what I know.

I cannot help that your knowledge is not concurrent with mine...

The guy asked for a nice cup holder. You guys basically said he didn't need one. I defended his request and provided an answer...

With pictures on how to mount it...

I am done here!

·
Very active member
305 Posts
imported post

i hav eone that i kind of enjoy. its from bass pro. its black and has a swivel. it can also become taller, making it great for a tall drink o' water. sorry had to. anyway, the down side to it is that it wont hold anything larger than the girth of a can or same sized drink. bought a 32 oz drink at qt without thinking about it and had to chug it before hitting the road again. bummer.

·
Premium Member
3,777 Posts
imported post

I watched this post thinking that the good Captain would try and sneak-in a nice pair of 36's. I don't know what anybody else knows. Oh well, I'm done here also... :gunhead:

·
Friend of Bill W.
1,930 Posts
imported post

$1.99 at Walmart.

Attachments

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
imported post

I have one of these,

http://www.mountguys.com/product_p/ram-b-174-132u.htm but since I got a "Fire Creek" tank bag, I haven't used it because it would hit the bag on tight turns. And the bag holds my drink now.

But for the most part it worked well enough. I remember my first big trip on the bike it never spilled a drop for over 5,000 miles. Then I got back home in thegood ole "Pot Hole" State of Pa. and ended up with coffee all down the side of my bike :whip:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.