Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a suzuki DS 185 and thought I should change the tranmission oil. The only thing I know is that it take 700ml, but don't know what kind of oil to use. I've owned this bike for some 20 years or so, and don't have a manual. Great bike starts with 2 kicks and runs good, Anyone know what type of oil to use?

·
Disfunctional Nimatode
3,381 Posts
I had a TS185 I used castrol 10-30 motorcycle oil back then. That bike was tough i tell ya..... beat the livin' heck out of it.

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
I have a suzuki DS 185 and thought I should change the tranmission oil. The only thing I know is that it take 700ml, but don't know what kind of oil to use. I've owned this bike for some 20 years or so, and don't have a manual. Great bike starts with 2 kicks and runs good, Anyone know what type of oil to use?
Seeing how this is a GoldWing site, you may want to go to a Zuki site to ask!!! :wink:

·
Administrator
27,952 Posts
Seeing how this is a GoldWing site, you may want to go to a Zuki site to ask!!! :wink:
General Motorcycle Discussion Forum
Discuss Goldwings, other motorcycles, dealers, parts and accessories etc.

Use a straight grade 30 or 40 wt non energy saving motor oil. Suzuki transmission oil is better but not necessary.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.