Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
57,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the underlying is written in English, but the writer's attempt to let us know what happened, is a bit mangled.

Had a bad storm yesterday evening winds were about 25 miles an hour do my big tree in my backyard Mister vehicles did hit the night light little bit. Here to crack and two minutes later both trees collapse home to the ground amazing.

not going to give credit to the writer.... not my intent.

·
Registered
587 Posts
That reads like voice-to-text without proofreading....
:readit:

·
Administrator
24,633 Posts
I don't use voice-to-text, maybe I ought to try it to see what it does?
It sometimes gets some interesting results. You do sure enough have to proof read.

·
Premium Member
1,100 Posts
the underlying is written in English, but the writer's attempt to let us know what happened, is a bit mangled.

not going to give credit to the writer.... not my intent.
For what I understands this text could be from someone of a foreign country, that used a translator to post a note.
I know because sometimes I use them to translate brochures form English to Spanish, but then I need to edit them to show understendable text, otherwise they'll look wrapped similar to the one you posted.
Didn't you noticed that when reading a manual or article of a Chinese product?

·
Registered
232 Posts
My guess? That's a bad keyboard or "swipe keyboard" text message. Swipe keyboards often replace "so" with "do" because of the proximity of those letters.

"Had a bad storm yesterday evening winds were about 25 miles an hour do my big tree in my backyard Mister vehicles did hit the night light little bit. Here to crack and two minutes later both trees collapse home to the ground amazing."

My translation:

"Had a bad storm yesterday evening, winds were about 25 miles an hour, so my big trees in my backyard missed our vehicles. Did hit the night light a little bit. Heard a "crack" and two minutes later both trees collapsed down to the ground. Amazing."

1 - 10 of 10 Posts