Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
725 Posts
imported post

this is a confusing post. an XLH is a Sportster model. a Superglide is a Big Twin model,which makes the 1200 a correct size for that year.
if it is a sportster, a really good clean model may bring $2000 -2500 maybe. they aren't real valuable(right foot shift).
a good big twin usually will go for $5000 plus, depending on condition and and what has been done to it.
a few years back, i sold a 73 big twin bagger, with many upgrades,still only got $7400 .

·
Premium Member
725 Posts
imported post

SETHAN12 wrote:
Wasn't AMF making HD's at this time?  I am not sure but if they were the bike wouldn't be worth much.
yes, AMF was the owner at that time, however, many give them a bad rap. if it weren't for AMF at the time Harley Davidson would have folded.
yes, quality was poor ,compared to the Japanese. then again, most american cars weren't up to the Japanese standards at that time.
if the bike is in pristine condition it would be worth more as an accurate example of an AMF model. if it's not pristine, there's a good possibility all the bad things have been replaced(as in my 73)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.