Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I just picked up a 86 A, and spent the day doing a few things. The stator is working just fine, but I found the connector to be very badly burned, so I directly connected and soldered the "Yellow" wires. Next, Iadded a neg and pos (fused) wire directly from the regulator output, to the battery. I took off the fake tank, wind screen and a few more items to give me access, and thencleaned and greased (dielectric) every connecting plug that I could find. The scoot has 59K on it, and seems to run fine. I do NOT have any history on it, so simply don't know what has or has not been done. I've ordered a couple of timing belts..... just because.I sure ain't no expert, butI havebeen amotorcycle rookie for over 40 yrs. Always looking for good advice.

Anyone have any suggestions as to other mods or areas that I ought to look at?

TNX;

Snakebite

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
imported post

I would change all the fluids checkthe brake calipers make sure there not stuck or froze tires not dry rotted

·
Premium Member
2,223 Posts
imported post

You've already hit some of the most common ones mentioned here, namely the timing belts and the alternator wires.

Beyond that, the drive shaft splines should be serviced if you don't know the bike's history. Be sure to use a 60% or better moly paste on the splines!

I'm sure others will be along soon with more.

·
Premium Member
1,624 Posts
imported post

While your changing the timing belts, change the pickups while your in there. It will save you alot of greeve down the road. Been there and done that. Tony:waving:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.