Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Good Morning Guys,

I have had my Aspencade apart three times now to replace bulbs in the dash, To replace the front speakers and again to remove and Buff and Polish the windshield to remove large scratches.

My question is what size allen head cap screw do I buy to replace the the 3 screws that hold the mirror on? I want a Cap Screw to replace at least the screw that is immediatly behind the mirror at the top. Thats the one that gets buggard up everytime I remove or tighten it as you can not get a straight shot at it.

The length of threads is about .750" or 3/4" but I dont know the metric pitch of the thread.

I appreciate the Help guys and this is an AWESOME Forum.

Regards,

Mohawk

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
imported post

For Further Clarification, the Info on the Screws are as Follows:

Referance #40

Honda Part Number is 93891-05028-08

Description is Screw-Washer ( 5 x 28 )

Still dont know what the Threads are.

Thanks Guys,

Mohawk

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

I had to replace mine a few years back for the same reasons. I'm not 100% certain, but I think the pitch was 1.25. Your best bet is to do what I did and take one of them to an auto parts shop or a tool shop and get a pitch tool from a tap & die set to measure it.

I also ended up buying a wobble set of allen keys so that the tool would get in straighter.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

You can get a good shot at it, fold the mirror forward and slip the screwdriver in between the rubber boot and the mirror. I put the other two in first without tightening first to line up the mirror base and the screw hole. Trudge down to your local hardware store with one in hand and match it with a metric cap screw. Diameter is easy to match and the threads will mate side by side if they're right. I don't think you'll find a metric thread on the same size bolt that would be different in most places. Remember that an Allen head is going to require a straighter shot to line up the wrench and screw head than a Phillips unless you've got a wobble set of Allen wrenches. You'll also need a longer than common Allen wrench.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Thanks Guys, I just used the info from the Micro Fiche and went to the Hardware store and bought six 5 x 30 ( Closest to 28 they had ) Button Head screws.

The Button Heads had a wider base for the washer than the Cap Screws. I actually bought both just in case.

I do have a set of Allen Wrenches with the wobble end that worked great.

Now I have no fear about repeatedly taking the front apart. Now I am going to remove the rest of those Blue Rubber Covers on the Dash Light Bulbs. The Ones I did remove made the display bright enough to read the trip meter FINALLY.

Thanks Guys

Mohawk

·
Senior Guru
3,589 Posts
imported post

Hi Mohawk. Why not just get lighter blue covers? They will let you see more and still give that nice blue look at night.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Hello,

Even with the Blue Covers removed. The Letters are all Blue on My Dash Gauges.

Just a whole lot brighter. Well the odometer and Trip Meter is White but I wanted to see them better anyway. It's Great.

C Ya

Mohawk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.