Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I am at this point now.

Frame is cleaned up and painted. Engine has new, belts,water pump, thermostat,lots of new gaskets and is painted. Drained the oil out awhile back when I was working on it, should I leave it empty or fill it now? New steering head bearings, Front forks have new oil, front wheel is on with new wheel bearings. Gas tank is not actually in like the picture I just wanted to make sure it would still go in there with the engine bolted up. So now what should I do? Never put one of these together and dont want to do the wrong thing first and have to dissassemble to do something else. I was thinking, clean up rear swing arm, maybe new swingarm bearings, and then put it back on with the driveshaft so I can get the rear wheel on eventually? But there is so much left, brakes, all electrical, radiator, carbs, ect.... thanks.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
imported post

looks like you are doing a thorough job keep on , pick a component refurbish it and assembleetc..............
Oh ..... and take lots of picture, we like pictures.

·
Premium Member
10,253 Posts
imported post

OK tell you what I'll take it off your hands right now....:ROFL:..Seriously its looking great, keep up the good work...Fuel tank??..After reading so much on how hard itcan be to get in all put together, My thinking would be clean it, give it a good coat or three of Expoxy Black and put it in before you go any futher...Making sure that expoxy paint is gas reistant...YES Pictures and MORE Pictures...Please...

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
imported post

I'm pretty sure my tank is good and I've painted it black. So should I put the tank in next? Looking for suggestions on order of reassembly

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
imported post

There are a couple of ways to go but I would put the carburetors on next, then the battery ground cable, fuel tank, swing arm, inner and outer rear fender, rear wheel and shocks. Rebuild the brake calipers and master cylinders and install them. From that point it's pretty much a flip of the coin because something will always be in the way of something else. Good luck and keep the pictures coming.

·
Premium Member
786 Posts
imported post

Ummmm.... mount the front tire on the right way? :baffled:
Could be wrong but looks backwards to me.
Other than that, looks fantastic. Wow.

And answer to your question; if it were me I'd fill it. In fact I'd fill it right up to the brim and drain it down later prior to turning it over with plugs out. Just don't forget...

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
imported post

The directional arrow on the tire shows it is on correctly. Ill fill it up, then drain it before I start it( who knows how long that will be).

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
imported post

firebrick wrote:
The directional arrow on the tire shows it is on correctly. Ill fill it up, then drain it before I start it( who knows how long that will be).
yep , I have that same exact tire, and mine is mounted the same, and correct direction. It does look backwards too though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.