Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi All

I want to install some switches into the front cover of my 1500, right in this place that is in front of my left knee.
One I want to use for swicht from cornering to running lights, the other for to switch on/off the position lights in the front turning lights.

Now I want to ask, if you could recommend a brand, or even a type of such switches. They shall be small enough to fit there, and not stand out too much, or I'll kill them with my knee (a problem with 6'4" / 192cm).

For your efforts in advance many thanks.
All the best from the (still too cold) Switzerland

·
Disfunctional Nimatode
3,381 Posts
imported post

Hi Ludwig.....
I use a regular type lighted rocker switch. They seem to be the lowest profile. You will probably have to use a relay in the circuit to carry the load of the driving lights, as the switch will burn out quickly without one.

·
Senior Guru
3,873 Posts
imported post

hi ludwick i have 3 switches there some thing simular to your self i dont know whats available in switzerland but you have to make sure the ampage is big enough to run what your fitting other wise the contacts in the switch will burn a lot of guys run with something like this unit on the master/ clutch cylinder have a look at these two

http://www.cyclemaxohio.com/inc/sdetail/20314

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_190180_langId_-1_categoryId_165562
if you hover your cursor over the photo it will enlarge it for you

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Hi Agnogel

Thanks for your reply. It came in while I was typing the other reply.

Yeah, your second link looks like something I'm thinking about.

Thanks! Cool!

·
Registered
10,509 Posts

·
Disfunctional Nimatode
3,381 Posts
imported post

OK...... looks like the 1500 already has relays in place. My 1200 did not and burned my first switch. The switches Silverfox has linked are the ones I used. Good luck, we should go for spin together some time. He,he,he,he......

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

I just picked up a 30 amp switch for my driving lights, been without them since changing out the case guards and finally got them mounted again.

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

Hi Silverfox

Thanks for the idea. Just ... I have the CB in place. So I can't use it.

But ... those are the switches I'm searching for.

Anybody an idea of brand and type????

By the way: My idea is, to place the lighter into the locked compartment on the right side. There it's covered from rain etc.

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Okay Ludwig, since you are lucky enough to have the CB fitted I would then recommend that you think about adding the switches to the top of either your brake or clutch cylinder as suggested by Agnogel earlier in the thread.

If you prefer not to go with chrome, here is the one I have fitted to mine and I am very happy with it....

http://www.cyclemaxohio.com/inc/sdetail/20313

The wiring is very simple to use and comes with the switches. You simply take off the lid of the master cylinder and put the switches on and replace the lid with the new longer screws.

CyclemaxOhio are a well respected company, who provide second to none service to our members and I am sure they will be as happy to suppy to Switzerland as they are the UK. I have bought waaaaay too much stuff from them and have been over the moon with the way they have treated me.:clapper::clapper:

If you did decide to gowith one of the switch blocks, why not order this too and it will fit to the inside front wall of your glove compartment.....

http://www.cyclemaxohio.com/inc/sdetail/13331

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

Hi Pete

I'll think about all this stuff.

The lighter (or the socket without the plug) I do have already. So this isn't such an issue - anyway thanks for the recommendations.

My idea of installing the switch is the plate, under the CB, right in front of my left knee. I thought this is convenient.
[Those that are included with the CB-compartment package look exactly as what I'm searching for. I'll print it out, and go with this to an electronics shop.]

Now my biggest problem is to find the time to install the stuff. :)
But I think here I'm not telling anything new.

Cheers

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.