Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

These were in the trunk of the bike when I bought her. I suspect they are some sort of dressy chrome attachments but cannot figure where they go.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
imported post

hi there they are chrome engine covers they fit to the fornt of the side pannal below the dummy tank if that helps you

·
Banned
7,545 Posts
imported post

Personally I would sell them ,,I think they ugly.

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
imported post

From JC Whitney online. They don't carry anymore but this will give an idea where they go.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

I wanna mount them on the bike first and see how they look. I'll let you know.

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
imported post

Hopefully the mounting hardware was in there also! If not you willprobably have to fabricate some because they areextremely hard to find.

·
Premium Member
3,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Mounting hardware is still on the bike.

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
imported post

I had these on my 1100 and looked great. I didn't use them in the summer due to the heat on the engine. These are commonly called "motor cookers". They are not hard to install/remove if you want to. It might be hard to find a good set like these.

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
imported post

I had those on my 1200. I thought they improved the looks.

John

·
Premium Member
2,970 Posts
imported post

They make your bikle slower and I will gladly take them off your hands and keep you from haing a slugish bike.

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
imported post

Xtracho wrote:
These were in the trunk of the bike when I bought her. I suspect they are some sort of dressy chrome attachments but cannot figure where they go.
A few years ago they got blamed for holding engine heat and causing stators to get hot and fail, I don't know for sure one way or the other.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Tinman wrote:
be glad to take them ugly things off your hands!
Won't fit your bike, they're for a 1200!!:shock::shock::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
400 Posts
imported post

I do not like the look of my bike without them. keep them!

·
Premium Member
1,591 Posts
imported post

DavidinKY wrote:
Xtracho wrote:
A few years ago they got blamed for holding engine heat and causing stators to get hot and fail, I don't know for sure one way or the other.
We have water cooled engines, air flow is not required to cool engine. The 1500 and 1800s are completely covered.

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
imported post

git them on my bike and look fab
alone with all the other bit of chrome on it, its a pig cleaning .

adrian:11grey::11grey:

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

I think they look great, chrome, I like chrome.

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
imported post

chiefcherokee wrote:
DavidinKY wrote:
Xtracho wrote:
We have water cooled engines, air flow is not required to cool engine. The 1500 and 1800s are completely covered.
It was the stator that was supposed to fail. Yes I know well they are water cooled.

·
Village Whack Job...
7,908 Posts
imported post

The cavers refered to as stator cookers were plastic and covered a much larger area. And in my opinion were ugly as home made sin.

I have a set of the chrome covers on my 1100. They don't hold heat as mush as they kind of channel it somehow toward your legs.

The stators on 1100's and 1200's are known to fail, with or without these covers.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.