Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

So it sounds like troubles at the Davis Rally..... (family issues?) I couldn't hear it all but there I did hear that there would be a rally next year....

Also... there was much talk about vendors getting fined for not having proper permits...I heard as much as $1,000 bucks. There were at least 2 vendors that left last night and said they would not return...

FYI... vendor participation was down for sure!!!!

:?

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

So what was the Saturday night announcement?

·
Premium Member
9,409 Posts
imported post

I know we wont be going back...:(

What a waste!!

They are over charging the venders, PLUS taking a % of each sale...over charge the customers at the "food" area...

Just a joke anymore!!

In all the years we have been going we have NEVER seen anyone pull out on Sat.. Not only did venders pull out, but ALOT of campers left sat... :(

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Rudy wrote:
So what was the Saturday night announcement?
I missed the first part of what they had said. It was 9ish and they were just starting to announce winners of the 50/50.. I just heard something...followed by a pause..and then they said "yes, we are having the rally next year."

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
imported post

Was bummin I couldn't go. Now all smiles that I didn't. Excpt for the ride part.

·
Premium Member
5,106 Posts
imported post

well my dad and i went to algona last year and all the vendors there were so expensive it was rediculus

now the abate sells the wood, ice, and beer

a 20lb bag of ice for about 6bucks yeah its a bit pricy but going into town 10 miles almost and its half melted on the way back

beer a 18pack of bud was almost 50bucks jezuz

and the wood was 40bucks for a load of cotton wood that will burn up in a few hours

at every motorcycle rally or meet ive been to the vendors were very expensive 4bucks for a bottle of pop 8dollars for a hotdog you get the idea

i had a friend tell me about this issue its a bad thing because the meet isnt on private property vendors have to have all kinds of permits the abate has its rally on private property so im assuming the permits can be avoided but the abate requires a donation or somethin lol

well as digby says he wont be back i was thinking about attending next year until i heard of this issue but i doubt it

·
Ornery Old Cuss
308 Posts
imported post

Our group has been going for at least twenty years. By our calculations, the vendors and attendees were down about thirty percent. Then to put insult on top of injury on e of the personnel got into an issue with us over the lights on the tennis courts. Dan Davis came over and had a talk with us about the issue, and we got it all straightened out. WE told the Davis folks that we were disappointed that members of their staff had become so disrespectful and arrogant to the attendees! We also made the statement that if this is how they are going to be running the event we would find another place to gather. Also that we'd spread the word amongst groups about our treatment, we got an apology. We'll see what happens.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
imported post

I was talking with the manufacturer of Bunkhouse Trailers last week and they said they wasn't going this year because of permit issues being an out of state vender for camper trailers.

·
mr irrelevant
2,205 Posts
imported post

We were up there last yr, if the vendors were down 30% that dont leave too many, maybe a dozen? I also agree with digger that food prices were little high, most things like this do have higher prices but from what ive heard this yr was outrageous....Doubt we will be going back ....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.