Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

21 - 40 of 165 Posts

·
Graphics Guru
1,311 Posts
Thanks Andy. I will PM all of them now and see if they can help.

Got your pm.. Okay I will bite, might be able to try that over the weekend..

i need more info like will there be covers over the forks, threads on the tyre. is the wheel hub/cover painted or chrome and are the oval slots holes or indents?
in other works,, gimme all the info and completed drawings in order to keep the number of revisions down to a minimum (i don't like revisions) or better still none. :)
Chromo might be interested in this also,, the more the merrier.

·
Happy Goldwinger
778 Posts
Hi Ed. I just read your PM. I can help with comping and can offer my company online render farm when the time comes. As Dylan said, supply sketches that are as complete as possible with views from multiple angles. I guess you know that already. CG work is time intensive and revisions even more so.
If other members suggest changes, there will be enough revisions there to keep Dylan and anyone else who gets involved in this project busy.

This is a big challenge guys, I hope you are all up to it!

·
Premium Member
991 Posts
It will be interesting to see where this goes. Good luck with it chaps.

Lovely Staffie you have their Dylan.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Thanks to those who responded to my PM's, and for the offers of help.

@ Earl: Thanks for the render farm offer, I will most likely take you up on that. Thanks also for the advice.

@ Dylan: Thanks for coming on board with the project.
I agree with you about me providing comprehensive sketches and information. The wheel sketch was just a quick one to see if I could get this moving, I didn't want to put too much in unless there was a chance of help coming.
I will update with more sketches soon. The forks will have a cover, and there may be a logo on the wheel covers or/and fender. The wheel covers should look applicable to a gas engined Wing or a future electric one (regenerative hub look perhaps).

·
Premium Member
953 Posts
So we are allowed to suggest how the new Wing should look? If that is so and we are starting with the front wheel, I vote for a built-in ring of fire.
The wheel covers look like those on old cars and trucks, which I like. I think a Honda logo in the middle would be good.

·
Registered
31 Posts
i need more info like will there be covers over the forks, threads on the tyre. is the wheel hub/cover painted or chrome and are the oval slots holes or indents?. :)
Vents in the covers please. Painted or chrome I leave up to you. The same with the tire threads, use you own judgement. Covers on forks as in my latest sketch. I suggest use of curves, like the way bikes were designed in the 70's but still looking modern. Others may suggest something different, we can work together from sketch to model with any suggestions.

·
Graphics Guru
1,311 Posts
Ed, can you send me a larger image with just the two top images from your last one (front & side views)? I could use them for background/references.
by the way,, that wheel reminds me of those little wheels they put on furniture. i suppose you must know what you are doing,, hope it looks different when I make the model.
;)

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
I kind of like the look of that wheel right now, but look forward to the CG version.

Is there any reason in particular you started with the wheel Ed?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Is there any reason in particular you started with the wheel Ed?
It was to slowly ease into the project so other members could follow it from early stage and maybe start suggesting things for the main and more important areas of the design later.
Also, I didn't want to expend too much time and effort starting on a main component like (for instance) the fairing, only to find we didn't have any CG people here capable or willing to turn the concept drawings into models.

·
Registered
31 Posts
that wheel reminds me of those little wheels they put on furniture. i suppose you must know what you are doing,, hope it looks different when I make the model. ;)
Yes that will be the effect of ortho view and my coarse style of initial concept drawing. I expect a rendered model to look more like what I have in mind.

·
Premium Member
953 Posts
Reminds me of a DC3 landing wheel.
Castors came to mind at first, until the finished realistic pictures were posted. It looks much better with the colours and reflections.

Seriously though, we should take the opportunity to get in early with suggestions. There is little point sitting on the sidelines and then griping about the result. This is an ideal opportunity to have our ideas of a Goldwing design turned into something we can actually see.

Ed, when you decide what part of the concept Goldwing is next, please let us know and give us a few days to suggestion changes to your drawings. I would have liked to make other suggestions for the wheel but things started rolling before I had a chance to think about it.

·
Premium Member
2,010 Posts
How about just eliminating the forks? We know they are alternative designs and I'm NOT thinking of old school Harley types.
There is more efficient front suspensions available. Of course the big issue is letting go of the accepted "norms" of what a bike should look like, change it too much people will be afraid of it.

·
Premium Member
196 Posts
How about just eliminating the forks? We know they are alternative designs and I'm NOT thinking of old school Harley types.
There is more efficient front suspensions available. Of course the big issue is letting go of the accepted "norms" of what a bike should look like, change it too much people will be afraid of it.

Good suggestion. Can you make a drawing of forks you have in mind so we have an idea where it is going?

21 - 40 of 165 Posts