Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

41 - 60 of 165 Posts

·
The Irish Crew
1,248 Posts
Modern trick forks would probably be better. But I do very much like the look of the full wheel covers and the built in ring of fire. In this day and age, it's probably possible for the ring of fire colour to be adjustable too.

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
I can't draw, but for the fork, maybe a mono like the rear of the goldwing?
Also have the lug nuts and wheel assy being able to be removed like the back tire?
Just my 2 cents.
John

·
Registered
31 Posts
Here is a quickie sketch. I should have put the swing arm on the other side instead, that can be corrected by wingnut junior. He may also be able to add some details to it.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,010 Posts
Yeah that does look nice, I tried to post images of the front steering suspensions of other bikes like the BMW but my puter was giving me fits, and then I had to go do a photo shoot of my 95 GL1500 for Craigslist.

·
Premium Member
953 Posts
Sorry Ed but I don't think that arm will work, looks great but isn't going to work.
The pivot point intended at the back is wrong and will scrub the wheel across instead of turning it on a pivot, unless you add a couple of linkage rods. It's probably something you wouldn't have considered as you primarily design cars.

What you need here is something unique, like an arm sitting right over the top of the wheel, operated by a linkage hidden under the fairing. That would be very unique and would look perfect on a Goldwing.

·
Premium Member
953 Posts
Modern trick forks would probably be better. But I do very much like the look of the full wheel covers and the built in ring of fire. In this day and age, it's probably possible for the ring of fire colour to be adjustable too.
I see the colour has been changed to light orange, which is universally accepted.

·
The Irish Crew
1,248 Posts
What you need here is something unique, like an arm sitting right over the top of the wheel, operated by a linkage hidden under the fairing. That would be very unique and would look perfect on a Goldwing.
Great catch Andy. I had to think about the pivot point you mentioned before I seen that you are right. If we are going for a practical concept (as opposed to one that isn't based on a dream instead of some reality) then yes we have to get these things right.

A cantilever type front fork could be a good idea, and it might allow for the wheel to be closer to the fairing and make it possible for the fairing to be deeper with more space? Or give more room for the rider and passenger?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Sorry Ed but I don't think that arm will work, looks great but isn't going to work.
The pivot point intended at the back is wrong and will scrub the wheel across instead of turning it on a pivot, unless you add a couple of linkage rods. It's probably something you wouldn't have considered as you primarily design cars.

Thanks Andy. That's what we need, feedback like yours. I drew the arm in a hurry and hadn't thought it through. I think your suggestion of a top down arm is workable. I will get sketching later.

·
Graphics Guru
1,311 Posts
The pivot point intended at the back is wrong and will scrub the wheel across instead of turning it on a pivot, unless you add a couple of linkage rods. It's probably something you wouldn't have considered as you primarily design cars..
You tell him Andy.. all that work for nothing :ROFL:

·
(Rick Sheeley GWRRA)
659 Posts
Honda's double clutch technology. Better than CVT.

Better yet. how a hybrid Goldwing? I would really dig that.

Make it "convertible between F6B and full out mode.... That would be cool.

Let's shoot for the stars here....

41 - 60 of 165 Posts