Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
ya its funny how people think of new ways to trailer your bike,and spend big money on doing it,when the are not meant for that,i can see if you own a bike shopand you sell lots of bikes then thats ideal....
otherwise drive the bike down the highway and if it dies(nock on wood)call a buddy with a trailer.

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
My son owns a Fatboy and I am giving him $100.00 for Christmas, because HD stands for another Hundred Dollars.:ROFL:

·
Registered
517 Posts
gifts for a Harley Owner:

1. ear plugs
2. ear plugs to give away to neighbors
3. a tow rope
4. 55 gallon drum of chrome polish
5. weight loss club membership
6. a helmet
7. track day school (why aren't there ever Harley riderss at track days? Don't ANY of them want to become more proficient riders?

·
Registered
84 Posts
and bear repellant, for my uncle who hit a bear riding home w/o his leathers on, he was ok bike was wrecked(anniversary edition no less, then fixed by an Indian dealer not H-D) bear got away

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
Interestingly there are a number racing classes for V-twin HD's both flat track and road racing. For goldwings none really
Wilf!

·
Just one of the guys
4,832 Posts
A gallon of oil.

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
A thank you card for riding it and not thinking he is better than anyone else because of one brand compared to another, unlike certain ignorant people.

·
Registered
384 Posts

·
Son of Bronson
127 Posts
...a pair of new mufflers....

·
Premium Member
67,657 Posts
Phone number for local road service

·
Old School Guru
7,889 Posts
Bag of oil-dri (Kitty litter).:ROFL:Also in reference to Wifi's question about flat trackers, yes there were Harley flat trackers, and road racing, but none were "Touring" models, they were all Sportsters, or specialty models.:) That's probably why you don't see Goldwings doing it, however, look at how many Hondas do it and win.;) Goldwings have too many pistons for a V Twin race.:sadguy: But Honda has lots of V Twins.:)
Gene:waving:

·
Registered
33 Posts
More shirts, jackets, hats, etc. that all say "Harley Davidson" than the person already has.

It makes one think that a prerequisite to owning a Harley is having all of your wardrobe state that you do own one.

·
Premium Member
320 Posts
Interestingly there are a number racing classes for V-twin HD's both flat track and road racing. For goldwings none really
Wilf!

Harley hasnt had a road racing machine since the mid 1980's. In Flat Track racing, some time ago, harley and the AMA set up the specification for the machines that participate in these races and the specs are pretty much the xr750 specs. other companies did not offer this type of machine so they pretty much opted out of the flat track races. Recently Harley and Vance and Hines created a spec race for the xr1200.

Now if I remember correctly, last season in flat track racing, other companies started making certain machines available. Both suzy and kaw had some bikes entered in the flat track races.....and guess who won last season. hmmmmm.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.