Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

On my 98 1500 the right side lower cover (removed for checking oil) has a black rubber trim piece that is starting to come off but is still one piece.

What type of adhesive should I use to secure it? Since it gets exposed to the full engine heat and coldness of winter in the north as well as keep two disimilar materials together Iwant touse the correct type.

Also if you could tell me if it is available at most hardware storesor not.

Thank You.

·
Premium Member
4,608 Posts
imported post

I use 3M's "Emblem and Trim" adhesive (Advanced Auto Parts). It grabs well and fast, and it is made to withstand the elements. It dries clear. I would carefully spread it under the trim, being careful not to get it anywhere it will show, and use some masking tape to hold the trim down till the adhesive sets up strong. I would suggest also taping off the surrounding areas, cause this stuff is TOUGH after it dries! Hope this helps. Before I found the 3M stuff, I have used "Goop" glue (HomeDepot). It's kind of a fix all glue, sets strong, and IS removeable if you slowly pull on the part. It will come off unwanted areas fairly easily. I have scraped it off with my thumbnail, with no damage. Glad you caught it before the part went bye-bye! jimsjinx

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.