Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

My wife and I just got back from Florida and I did get a lot of looks with my rig. I've been pulling trailers for about 20 years, Mostly with my (former) sport bike. Now that I changed the hitch, I'll keep on with my 'Wing. Any other neat rigs out there?:waving:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,525 Posts
imported post

Now that is cool. :cool::cool:

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
imported post

I love IT!!! Couple question, turning in town? How the wind aflex on the side??

I have a Coleman trailer make in 1990's.

Did you build it yourself? how long is it??

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

The long tongue helps alot. The trailer itself is 14' and the canoe is 17'. The only time I have to be careful is turning at slow speed, I would guess below about 10 mph. The wind is not a noticeable problem because the canoe is aerodynamic and because of the long tongue. The trailer was made by a company in Florida (I don't think it is still in business) that made pop up campers for motorcycles. I had them use the basic frame and put a long tongue on it to handle the canoe. The center of the trailer has a 7 1/2 ' channel in it to accomadate the wheels of another motorcycle, Which I have used to haul other bikes with my sports bike.It is a simple design and could be made by anyone who can weld.

·
Probationary
4,535 Posts
imported post

I just built a trailer from a HF frame with 12 in tires, narrowed it 4 in, extended the tongue 22 in & added a 68 x 35 cartop carrier [20.0 cubic ft storage]. Pulled it several hundred miles last weekend, heavy, & didn't notice it was there.

Cost was about $425. + time & work.

edit, forgot pic:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

:DWell I suppose you are ready for heavy rains. :cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1: Come a hurricane you can put the bike in the boat and paddle along.

Kit

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
imported post

I have a cyclemate 2000, It is my work truck. Last weekend I brought home a A-65 continental airplane engine in it.

Here are a couple of the planes I have worked on out of the trailer

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
imported post

Mike!!!!!!!

You should go after the guy that sold you that rig:shock: I hate to break it to you, but that's not a MC trailer.......itsa freakin canoe!!!!!!!! We use them all the time up here to go to work, shopping, doctor appoinments etc. etc.etc.:D Actually I've been thinking of getting a barge, soI can haul my wings behind my canoe.:cool:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.