Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Honda Guru
2,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

A lot of suggestions to Honda about a re-vamped transmission (6 speed) and wireless headsets. This will obviously come with a price to the bottom line.
It won't be long before we are looking at a 30k+ stock GoldWing just as a base price. Lord knows that it'll be if you add all the Navi, ABS, Airbag goodies on to it. Can you say $40k?? It could happen.

What would you be willing to give up in order to reduce the price tag???

·
Premium Member
4,400 Posts
imported post

Those ugly headlights! Go back to the 1500 style front end and save money producing the huge bug eyes!:cooldevil:

(Sorry folks, I couldn't help myself.)

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

I like my headlights. I shine them all up and I have a modulator too. I like to flash people, and that is the only legal means I know of to be a flasher and not go to jail.

:clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper:

We used to mess around like this was great fun, then everyone got their feelings hurt........

Never fear with me..........banter is fun.

Kit

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

If I had to have another Goldwing, I'd give up riding.
This 1500 is as good as it gets.

·
Best looking member
3,106 Posts
imported post

I sure could do without the nav system, air bag, The remote key fob bag unlock, I use to think reverse but as I get older the more value that feature has. never having experienced heated seat and grips I can't say for sure, I do like the heated seats in my car.

·
Premium Member
771 Posts
imported post

Why would 120 mph+1800 goldwing need a 6th gear ? To go faster? I can not believe it would be for fuel economy, if you can afford a $25,000 bike what a few bucks for gas ?

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

I would happily give up some of the radio functions, it is too complicated. Give up the antennas and put in smaller (and cheaper) stubby or concealed ones.

·
Administrator
21,895 Posts
imported post

Things like model-specific radios and nav systems cost a lot to produce. I think all that could be simplified for a cost savings. Maybe share stuff from the fit or something.

Harley has 40 grand bikes...why not Honda?

·
Premium Member
2,739 Posts
imported post

ALL of the electronic gadgets and gizmos.

I would have a new 1800 right now if they made one in the old "Interstate" version. I just want a motorcycle, no radio, no gps, no compressor, no trip computer, no airbag, ect....... just a plain ol' motorcycle.

That is the reason that I am riding a Valkyrie Standard today, no expresso machine~!

I have thought seriously about one day picking up a totalled 1800 and putting it together the way I want. engine - tires - seat - bags, that's about it.

·
Premium Member
4,608 Posts
imported post

I would gladly give up the tupperware! Make the panels like racing equipment. Zeuss fasteners or something. I like the enduro style panels. One or two pieces cover the needed areas. Someone who has,say a 1500 torn down, actually WIEGH the tupperware and see how heavy it really is! Makes Maint. a hassle sometimes. Rant over! jimsjinx

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

jimsjinx wrote:
I would gladly give up the tupperware! Make the panels like racing equipment. Zeuss fasteners or something. I like the enduro style panels. One or two pieces cover the needed areas. Someone who has,say a 1500 torn down, actually WIEGH the tupperware and see how heavy it really is! Makes Maint. a hassle sometimes. Rant over! jimsjinx
Except in a rain storm.

·
Premium Member
5,106 Posts
imported post

now dont get me wrong im a plain meat and potatoes kinda guy

air bags show some intrest for saftey at lower speeds i would probably buy them on the bike heck the insurance would be cheaper

but as far as navigation computer gps crap in my humble opinion i wont buy a bike with all that garbage on it or a 10cd disk changer thats just retarted in my opinoin

the less stuff to confuse ya the better half the guys i know that have 1800's dont even know what half the switches and do-dads do

·
Administrator
20,569 Posts
imported post

What would I give up??? That's easy.....it would be my wife because if I went out and spend $30K+ on a new motorcycle, she'd be gone like a freight train! Left, outta here, buh bye! :lash:

I like my wife, I think I'll hold on to what I got........Goldwing and the wife!!

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
imported post

I have a 2010 XM/Navi which we bought very spontaneously. I was hoping to get a 1500 next year, but circumstances were just right, the planets aligned and voila! we are on an 1800. My son calls it a yacht scooter! I have to agree that there are just too many controls and the keyfob? Why? Bike also did not come with a 12 volt power outlet. (how you going to plug in the espresso machine?) If dealer had had a 2010 1800 standard I would have bought it. We like the XM but for now, the Navi and CB are just unused buttons and parts that are taking up space..

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

jjolly wrote:
I have a 2010 XM/Navi which we bought very spontaneously. I was hoping to get a 1500 next year, but circumstances were just right, the planets aligned and voila! we are on an 1800. My son calls it a yacht scooter! I have to agree that there are just too many controls and the keyfob? Why? Bike also did not come with a 12 volt power outlet. (how you going to plug in the espresso machine?) If dealer had had a 2010 1800 standard I would have bought it. We like the XM but for now, the Navi and CB are just unused buttons and parts that are taking up space..
There's a lot of guys out there crying over not getting the CB who thought they would never need it. It is helpful if you ever ride with others.

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,106 Posts
imported post

arnt cell phones better than cb's and dont most new radios on the new bikes pick up the weather channel?

also why not have a 12volt power outlet.... jezz come on what are they thinkin

most motorcycle cb's that ive seen dont really work that well unless yoru right next to the other person anyway

1 - 20 of 69 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.