1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
imported post

Nice looking bike! 610lbs. seems kind of hefty for that size bike, but the V-Twin should be able to give it a pretty good torque band. I wonder if it will eventually make it over here stateside?

·
Premium Member
10,276 Posts
imported post

Not too bad. Spoiled by the wing, I guess.

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
imported post

PM sent.

I love the bike too. :goofygrin:A guy at our shop just bought one last weekend. He's also a Goldwing owner too. Nothing like having a little bit of both worlds. :cool:

·
Premium Member
4,401 Posts
imported post

Dear Wrongway and Bonnie,

Next time, instead of coffee, SEND ME ONE OF THESE!:cool:

Your Southern son,

SB

:cheeky1:

My next bike will be a dual sport like this. An "off road Wing," if you will.:)

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
imported post

We have a bike very like that here in the states already: the Suzuki V-Strom 650. The V-Strom is a shockingly good value, brand new out the door at seven and change. Red and I test rode one for fifty or sixty miles..... I loved it, she less so but her complaints were nothing that couldn't be cured with some saddle adjustments.

When my 96' Aspencade got deer-smacked, I eventually could get out of bed and went looking for a used Wing and couldn't find one. So then I said, "heck.... I'll get me one of them spiffy new V-Stroms." Couldn't find one of them, either. Sold out until 2009! Popular bike, you think? I was wandering around wondering what to do when I stumbled against my ST1300 -- which was more than I wanted to pay, but.... what the heck...... I'm sixty six. Still a good-looking picture of a man :), but sixty six nevertheless.... can't waste no time..... so I bought it. But I tell you, had I found one of those V-Stroms, I would be riding it now instead of what I got. They are comfortable, economical, and capable.

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
imported post

A mate of mine has a Varadero....he loves it....personally i think it's better than most but not my style to ride.:waving:

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,207 Posts
imported post

It's a nice looking bike, but it has a chain on it!

Whatever happened to using shaft drive? :baffled:

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
imported post

Cousin Jack wrote:
We have a bike very like that here in the states already: the Suzuki V-Strom 650. The V-Strom is a shockingly good value, brand new out the door at seven and change. Red and I test rode one for fifty or sixty miles..... I loved it, she less so but her complaints were nothing that couldn't be cured with some saddle adjustments.

When my 96' Aspencade got deer-smacked, I eventually could get out of bed and went looking for a used Wing and couldn't find one. So then I said, "heck.... I'll get me one of them spiffy new V-Stroms." Couldn't find one of them, either. Sold out until 2009! Popular bike, you think? I was wandering around wondering what to do when I stumbled against my ST1300 -- which was more than I wanted to pay, but.... what the heck...... I'm sixty six. Still a good-looking picture of a man :), but sixty six nevertheless.... can't waste no time..... so I bought it. But I tell you, had I found one of those V-Stroms, I would be riding it now instead of what I got. They are comfortable, economical, and capable.
I love the VStroms too. They are available up here, no problem. AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH, but............so many bikes:jumper:...........not enough time:coollep:,.........(or money:D) .........to try them all.:goofygrin:

·
Premium Member
725 Posts
imported post

looks like a Trans Alp. at least an updated version

·
Premium Member
2,919 Posts
imported post

V twins make me sleepy . . . . . . .

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

Cousin Jack wrote:

CJ, I bid on a WeeStrom yesterday on ebay. Didnt get it. But, I emailed the seller and told him that if his buyer flaked out, to email me...

Axelwik has a WeeStrom, and is in love with the thing. He's only had it a few months, and has over 8,000 miles on it already! He put a 16t front sprocket on it, and is getting 60+mpg, too...

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

Motosickle wrote:
looks like a Trans Alp. at least an updated version
I would love to see the new transalp come stateside. I would sell my truck to get one...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.