Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Whatdyall use for a voltmeter

1112 Views 15 Replies 13 Participants Last post by  us385south
imported post

I saw the ones at Oreilly's (popular in my area, similar to Napa, Autozone, etc.) They had a 2" round one for like 14 bucks, just not sure about water. Thanks in advance...
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 16 Posts
imported post

Jsalpha2 wrote:
Here is a link to an old post showing the Honda marine meter.Link
After my fancy $50 voltmeter died, I found the thread above and installed this voltmeter. Works great, the only complaint that I have is that it reads 1v lower than the actual battery reading. I checked the voltage at the back of the meter and it is the typical .5v lower than at the battery, but the needle reads another .5v lower. Not a real big deal as I keep that in mind as I look at the meter.

I also haveRudy's SmartLight installed so I have instant notification of a low voltage problem (among other very useful functions of the SmartLight) without looking at the meter.
imported post

Mine is set up through a relay that is connected to the battery. I just think it is the meter itself. The .5v voltage drop is typical of the wiring as it was like that with my 1200 LTD and it had the factory voltmeter. It is just the meter needle calibration itself. Cheap enough meter to not worry about it.
1 - 2 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.